Euros 2016 the thread

I was shocked the ze Germans didn't score last night with the amount of pressure they put France under. Maybe if Gomez and Hummels had been playing it may have been a different story. I also think the penalty was harsh.
I agree, dodgy penalty changed the game

360D8B4400000578-0-image-a-1_1467925549318.jpg

Should of kept his hands down then.

I think it's difficult not to use your arms when you jump as is such a natural movement and you jump higher and velocity is increased, a proven fact..

Sorry guys that's a penalty every day of the week. Stone waller. Also thought France deserved the win.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's difficult not to use your arms when you jump as is such a natural movement and you jump higher and velocity is increased, a proven fact..

If your ams up and makes contact with the ball its a penalty. It changed the flight of the ball taking it away from the strikers head so he has gained an advantage. Stone wall pen mate

defo a penalty, France deserved the win, hoefully they can finish the job on Sunday! Greizeman is having a great tournament!

who really cares hand ball given dusted

Sorry guys that's a penalty every day of the week. Stone waller. Also thought France deserved the win.

- - - Updated - - -

If your ams up and makes contact with the ball its a penalty. It changed the flight of the ball taking it away from the strikers head so he has gained an advantage. Stone wall pen mate

You've obviously never seen John Terry blocking shots in the area then?

No
But he will be there today with a French strip and a Portugal strip at the ready so that he can lift the trophy.

What a goal......

Not a great final but well done Portugal....

Last edited:
Congratulations to Portugal European 2016 Champions
Beating the home team in the final was a huge task.

Hope Ronaldo isn't too badly injured

better team on the day as tournament went not the best game either but well done Portugal

Hi guys great thread but now the Euros are over time to unstick it.
Thanks to everyone who took part :)

Should clear it up for you lol

The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any team that does well in world football wins points which enable it to climb the world ranking.
A team’s total number of points over a four-year period is determined by adding:

• The average number of points gained from matches during the past 12 months; and
  • The average number of points gained from matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly).

Calculation of points for a single match

The number of points that can be won in a match depends on the following factors:

• Was the match won or drawn? (M)
  • How important was the match (ranging from a friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)How strong was the opposing team in terms of ranking position and the confederation to which they belong? (T and C)

These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P):

P = M x I x T x C
The following criteria apply to the calculation of points:
M: Points for match result
Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the winning team gains 2 points and the losing team gains 1 point.
I: Importance of match
Friendly match (including small competitions): I = 1.0
FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level qualifier: I = 2.5
Confederation-level final competition or FIFA Confederations Cup: I = 3.0
FIFA World Cup™ final competition: I = 4.0
T: Strength of opposing team
The strength of the opponents is based on the formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents. As an exception to this formula, the team at the top of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.
C: Strength of confederation
When calculating matches between teams from different confederations, the mean value of the confederations to which the two competing teams belong is used. The strength of a confederation is calculated on the basis of the number of victories by that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™ competitions (see following page). Their values are as follows:
CONMEBOL 1.00
UEFA 0.99
AFC/CAF/OFC/CONCACAF 0.85

Back