Europe to cut power of vacuum cleaners to save energy

Do you remember the Kirby vacuum? this must be one of the most expensive vacuum's ever. A rep used to knock on your door and offer to clean a room for free using this product. It could suck a fly off a curtain at 100 paces. The punchline was at the end the actual sale of the product you needed a second mortgage to buy one. :(. So is this what the EU are trying to achieve? you want the power you pay the price?. Now the next topic a hosepipe with a narrow bore it uses less water very economical and gives you a little bit more power than a streak of pish. :) @ nara don't be shy about speaking up about your cleaning utensils I am pretty sure that dustpan and brush works just fine for you. ;)

Yes M8, about a grand a pop as I recall - you can still get them

kirbyvac.jpg

Used a lot in hotels I think because they're robust!

A friend of mine used to demonstrate Kirby vacuums in the mid 90s, I think he said they were £700.

Seriously though...:whistle:

...if even the supposed threat of this makes companies think of ways to make more energy efficient vacuums, it can only be good in the long run.

Seriously though...:whistle:

...if even the supposed threat of this makes companies think of ways to make more energy efficient vacuums, it can only be good in the long run.

There is only one winner with this idea and its not the general public young nara. ;)

If you need a machine to maintain something outmoded like carpet maybe the whole idea was wrong in the first place?

If you need a machine to maintain something outmoded like carpet maybe the whole idea was wrong in the first place?

We'll be going back to the stone floors in our caves soon anyway when there isn't enough generating capacity ;).

Back