Europe to cut power of vacuum cleaners to save energy

You'll get an earful of "Sean South of Garryowen" if you try. :leprechaun:

I love Irish folk music. Didn't really get into it until I left home. I've always felt a bit annoyed that it was denied to me as a Protestant child on the Shankill.

I love Irish folk music. Didn't really get into it until I left home. I've always felt a bit annoyed that it was denied to me as a Protestant child on the Shankill.

Just listening to them now on youtube,its all nara's fault :)

Are you trying to stir things up:Jester:

What me? As if!

It's just that tea-drinkers tend to be 'gay' (in my experience) - can't beat a good shot of coffee, strong enough to blow you back awake preferably...

...oops, was that a bit non-PC???

;)

What me? As if!

It's just that tea-drinkers tend to be 'gay' (in my experience) - can't beat a good shot of coffee, strong enough to blow you back awake preferably...

...oops, was that a bit non-PC???

;)

Must be the tanin of the hide thats likeable............Yes espresso and a shot of brandy hits the spot

The cleanliness of Britain's homes is being threatened by European bureaucrats who want to reduce the power of vacuum cleaners in a bid to cut energy use. When are these idiots going to concentrate on something that really matters?. We want more powerful industrial type hoovers not something that resembles a wet fart.

Europe to cut power of vacuum cleaners to save energy - Telegraph

EU will send us back to the dark ages. Of course the unelected EU bureaucrats on 400kE don't care about this.

EDIT...

They'll just get three vacuums and more cleaners on their obscene tax-free wages. oh, no they wont, it will go on expenses so we'll pay for it.

Last edited:
EU will send us back to the dark ages. Of course the unelected EU bureaucrats on 400kE don't care about this.

Thank you for your sensible reply Spectre unlike some on here. 4 pages of absolute tosh. Why did this thread last this long. Unfortunately I like this type of news it keeps me on my toes. Or would some of you prefer me to talk about tip toeing through the wonderful tulips and happy bunnies.

...Or would some of you prefer me to talk about tip toeing through the wonderful tulips and happy bunnies.

Of course not! However, it did occur to me that an add-on turbo-charger for vacuums would soon be available on E-bay - I can think of a number of design options to stick two fingers up to Brussels ;)

Back