Europe to cut power of vacuum cleaners to save energy

Of course not! However, it did occur to me that an add-on turbo-charger for vacuums would soon be available on E-bay - I can think of a number of design options to stick two fingers up to Brussels ;)

I am all ears H please share your thoughts. :)

Miggy, you should check out all the Green Party's energy policies. Basically we power 110% efficiency generators on unicorn dung.

As for the EU... We pay tax, part of which funds this debacle and they fund green projects with a portion of that then the electricity bill goes up too so subsidise this "green" energy. I work for a company that was in the energy sector of a large multinational and everyone thinks windfarms are laughable.

Miggy, you should check out all the Green Party's energy policies. Basically we power 110% efficiency generators on unicorn dung.

As for the EU... We pay tax, part of which funds this debacle and they fund green projects with a portion of that then the electricity bill goes up too so subsidise this "green" energy. I work for a company that was in the energy sector of a large multinational and everyone thinks windfarms are laughable.

And that's not bullshit it's unicorn you say :Yikes: perhaps rocking horse dung maybe a better solution?. Are wind turbines really efficient Spectre?, because every time I pass one it's broken.

And that's not bullshit it's unicorn you say :Yikes: perhaps rocking horse dung maybe a better solution?. Are wind turbines really efficient Spectre?, because every time I pass one it's broken.

When you see several rotating in unison they are generating if they are rotating at a different rate they are idle. Thing is you need near-line backup generation to take over when the wind stops. You can't just switch power stations on and off so they have to be constantly doing something.

Not fair, Spectre promised not to mention Unicorns....

;)

That looks like an old Electrolux H. Nice but is the idea to hoover with it? or travel across the Atlantic sat on it?.

I suppose there's a serious side and a humorous side. I guess no-one ever looked at vacuum efficiency that seriously? Maybe Brussels (in their infinite stupidity) could force that?

If it's not possible to make vacuums more efficient then someone will come along with a turbo thingy you can bolt on and bollocks to Brussels is my thought!

Vacuum ownership will become the dream of the proleteriat when the EU is fully rolled out. There will be a drain-sucker type thing drive down your street whenever the ruling class believes that the filth requires removing from you house that you are being made to share with all and sundry.

Last edited:
Look at this s**t it is like our window cleaner always missing the corners?.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vacuum ownership will become the dream of the proleteriat when the EU is fully rolled out. There will be a drain-sucker type thing drive down your street whenever the ruling class believes that the filth requires removing from you house that you are being made to share with all and sundry.

You ignore the inventiveness of the people M8 ;)

Look at this s**t it is like our window cleaner always missing the corners?.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a good first effort...

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose there's a serious side and a humorous side. I guess no-one ever looked at vacuum efficiency that seriously? Maybe Brussels (in their infinite stupidity) could force that?

If it's not possible to make vacuums more efficient then someone will come along with a turbo thingy you can bolt on and bollocks to Brussels is my thought!

Someone must have HH otherwise we'd have ridiculous motors on them. Dyson is using neodmium magnets in permanent magnet motors now but motor and motor control research is big, big business.

EU will soon be telling us that all surfaces have to be smooth and therefore able to be wiped anyway.

God you guys really like your vacuums :(

Sent from my MOMO12 using Tapatalk HD

When you see several rotating in unison they are generating if they are rotating at a different rate they are idle. Thing is you need near-line backup generation to take over when the wind stops. You can't just switch power stations on and off so they have to be constantly doing something.
Did I hear correctly that these wind gennys need power to start rotation, if so they should seek the help of the guy that designed the bearings on the turbine shaft of a jet engine

Did I hear correctly that these wind gennys need power to start rotation, if so they should seek the help of the guy that designed the bearings on the turbine shaft of a jet engine

They have a continuous power requirement but hopefully generate more than they consume!

Back