Sensible Topic Europe’s first purpose-built Asian shopping centre

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
East Shopping Centre opens in Upton Park

Hopefully this doesn't get out of hand, but why do Asians need there own shopping centre ? Whats wrong with a dedicated Asian shop in the shopping cenres we already have around the UK ?
Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this ?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

image.jpg

So you're suggesting taking everything for sale in the new centre and squeezing it into 'the asian shop' in your local shopping centre, how does that work exactly?

Market forces .They are tapping into a big market opertunity imv

It's just more segregation, self inflicted apartheid, some would say its a good thing.

Half the babies born in London are now to non-indigenous UK mothers, so we have to adjust to that fact.

We will need to weigh up the kind of shops and facilities that a less “English” population will need in the future.

The retailers that successfully understand and target the shifting cultural makeup of Britain will outperform those that don’t.

Its as simple as that.

So you're suggesting taking everything for sale in the new centre and squeezing it into 'the asian shop' in your local shopping centre, how does that work exactly?

Read it what way you like mate tbh you're picking holes

I didnt say anything was wrong with it I just don't see why they need there own centre when there are no shops

forget it ;) lol

Market forces .They are tapping into a big market opertunity imv

Half the babies born in London are now to non-indigenous UK mothers, so we have to adjust to that fact.

We will need to weigh up the kind of shops and facilities that a less “English” population will need in the future.

The retailers that successfully understand and target the shifting cultural makeup of Britain will outperform those that don’t.

Its as simple as that.

I think that's what I said but more concise :)

Its as simple as that.

That is also reflected in the make up of Newham Council where 28 of the 60 Councillors are White British, and that is also reflected in the 2011 Census that revealed that in Greater London only 44.9% are White British.
The rhetoric is all well and good but had a "purpose built" British Cockney or White British shopping centre been opened it would have been branded as racist (although I would struggle to suggest what sort of shops it would contain, because the large majority of White British have assimilated most of the cultural tastes that exist in Britain).

If they are going to all that trouble of giving them there own shopping centres, why don't they build it on a desert Island and stick them all on there. That way British people can lead British lives and Asians can live there's.

I think @Rats point is why have a separate shopping centre, why can't all the Asian,or any culture, shops be included in your run of the mill bog standard shopping centre

Last edited by a moderator:
Miggy you are a bit ignorant arent you?

If they are going to all that trouble of giving them there own shopping centres, why don't they build it on a desert Island and stick them all on there. That way British people can lead British lives and Asians can live there's.

I would avoid green street anyway lol
if you ever tried driving into that place you would know why. asian women love it there! nightmare for the men...holding the kids while the women shop like mad people. especially the gold shops.

to be honest where there is to make money it will be exploited regardless.

I think @Rats point is why have a separate shopping centre, why can't all the Asian,or any culture, shops be included in your run of the mill bog standard shopping centre

Probably Because most of them prefer to duck and dive rather than being at one fixed place. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
99% of the shops in Green Street were Asian shops long before the new shopping centre.

I bought some cheap pistachio’s there ones; I think it was called Mina’s Store.

99% of the shops in Green Street were Asian shops long before the new shopping centre.

I bought some cheap pistachio’s there ones; I think it was called Mina’s Store.

What is it now a two up two down 20 person accommodation?. Pmpl

What is it now a two up two down 20 person accommodation?. Pmpl

Don’t know mate, I haven’t been there for 30 odd years.

But if we put all foreigners on a desert island then it’s only right that we stop eating their food, and then where would we be when even potatoes and tomatoes are foreign.

Don’t know mate, I haven’t been there for 30 odd years.

But if we put all foreigners on a desert island then it’s only right that we stop eating their food, and then where would we be when even potatoes and tomatoes are foreign.

We could open a British only shop on there Island and see how them Feckers like it. :)

Back