Euro Max V 2008

bikedave

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have put the new software on my downstairs box but my other will not accept the software from the computer it keeps com1 com3 could anybody please help. I have tried another lead and another computer.

i have been haveing the same problem

but with mine it worked on one box and not another so i tried the fix box on the computer and it did the same as the other box

any help with this problem would be great and it's not a cable problem as it worked on one of the boxes

but with mine it worked on one box and not another so i tried the fix box on the computer and it did the same as the other box

any help with this problem would be great and it's not a cable problem as it worked on one of the boxes[/QU

This is the problem with your com settings in the computer.
go to control panel
then system
then device manager
then select the serial port
right click and o in the properties
then click advanced tab and go in advanced port setting
change port to 1 to 4 .
hope it will solve the problem

I have just done about 20 boxes which all worked this box i have never been able to load the software on can you upload a tsop from a working box and put it on this one would that work

I have just done about 20 boxes which all worked this box i have never been able to load the software on can you upload a tsop from a working box and put it on this one would that work

eurovox max v has a clone version as well . on which u cannot put new firmware. u better search that.

any help with this problem would be great and it's not a cable problem as it worked on one of the boxes[/QU

This is the problem with your com settings in the computer.
go to control panel
then system
then device manager
then select the serial port
right click and o in the properties
then click advanced tab and go in advanced port setting
change port to 1 to 4 .
hope it will solve the problem

went to device manager but couldnt find serial port.

went to device manager but couldnt find serial port.

right click my computer go to properties, hardware, device manager select ports, left click on communications port, port settings advanced, then you can set your port that the cable is plugges into as 1. if not then you have an unflashable box like i bought from cableandsat.co.uk

I have the same problem, it comes up com 1 com etc. I have flashed lots of these boxes in the past no problem and my com ports are allas they should be, any ideas?

you must be able to put the software on these boxes some how because they came with the software on them

i had a similar problem with one of these boxes a few months back..it turned out to be a faulty com port on the eurovox max v motherboard...no matter what port you chose it still wouldn't recognise the box....i was told there was a faulty batch of these circulating...PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR USING THE CORRECT FIRMWARE..for the eurovox max v you should install the signal fix UFL_MAX_V_8%_01_12_08 and the autosort fix UFL_MAX_V_5_12_08 (no files added her you have to search for them) hope this helps

i had a similar problem with one of these boxes a few months back..it turned out to be a faulty com port on the eurovox max v motherboard...no matter what port you chose it still wouldn't recognise the box....i was told there was a faulty batch of these circulating...PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR USING THE CORRECT FIRMWARE..for the eurovox max v you should install the signal fix UFL_MAX_V_8%_01_12_08 and the autosort fix UFL_MAX_V_5_12_08 (no files added her you have to search for them) hope this helps

do you have to install both these files or can you get away with installing just one?

asi did a box recently and only put on the later one 5/12/08 and not the 8% one

possible fix

Hi guys I too had a box with a com port that the pc would not connect to.
on another forum a guy said try this which I did and it really worked !

right what you do his heat up the area around the rear of the com port and rs232 chip with a hot air heater blower(some people have used hair dryers !).

keep the heat constant and please be careful then start the download if it says detected then go or it ,just be careful with heat guys !!. but it really did work for me.

The hair dryer worked for me but you have to keep it on until it has finihed writing

Re: possible fix

Hi guys I too had a box with a com port that the pc would not connect to.
on another forum a guy said try this which I did and it really worked !

right what you do his heat up the area around the rear of the com port and rs232 chip with a hot air heater blower(some people have used hair dryers !).

keep the heat constant and please be careful then start the download if it says detected then go or it ,just be careful with heat guys !!. but it really did work for me.

Where exactly do you heat up? the back, or the inside at the back?

inside on the main board i found it by moving the hair dryer around slowly it seamed to be left front corner ish

Your box might still be a brick if I had not posted this fix bikedave :Laugh:

yes mate install the signal fix first then install theautosort fix file...

someone had already put this idea on here weeks ago that is when i done mine

Sorry Bikerdave you did not mention that in the post mate,mr Bowie got all upset `an that` LoL :Laugh:

Back