ethernet prob

delboy13

Inactive User
Reaction score
my ntl 250 can be used via usb no probs but 2 days ago it stopped working with ethernet cable all it says is network cable unplugged tried on 2 diff pcs and used diff cable still same problem option p is still there i was thinking maybe where i plug the ethernet in has gone faulty opened modem everything looks alright any ideas thanks

Phone them up and report it,if u cant do that then use the usb,i would have suggested diff network cables but uv tried that.
It probably is faulty,i dont much about the insides of these and wouldnt start messing too much with them.

Go usb or phone them.

thats weird delboy13 my motorola surfboard 5100 done the exact same about 3 days ago, i even went out and bought a pci network card no joy, can connect via usb, if you solve your problem could you let me know. cheers.

sounds like u got a dead ethernet port on the modem, which does happen from time to time

try bending the pins back out on the network port on the modem sometimes this helps

thanks graeme had a look at the pins and two were bent so i used a small screwdriver now working

Back