error 0022 + hot air gun worth trying? its also missing white shroud thingy

Midnight Tboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Yellos,

just picked up a couple of broken 360s today for cheap.

I've checked now and both give error code 0022.

Now I've just opened one of them. It has definately been fixed in past with xclamp, also some scribbles underneath about 2month warranty on the fix etc. The pleb who did it also must have lost half the screws for it lol.

Anyways, opened up the rest of the case, and noticed there is no white shroud at all that goes from the fans to the 360? Would I be right to think the gimp has also lost these too......or did some early 360s actually come without it? (its a 2006 box). Certainly none I've seen came without one.

Oddly, the CPU heatsink looks like its took some damage on the side of it too, kinda bent a few fins to the side (away from the gpu), bugger knows how they managed to do that (unless again some 360s actually went out like that with minor cosmetic damage to heatsinks.

Still cant do anything yet cos my sodding hot air gun hasn't been delivered from fleabay yet :( You think its even worth attempting hot air gunning it etc? From searching around in google etc seems to be no end of problems with getting a 0022 fixed?

If of course I have a decent chance of fixing it, I could always make up some kind of homemade shroud for it I guess.

No clue whether its jtaggable yet

I've got the AS5 and Arcticlean, and No Clean Flux, and few other bits ready to have a go at a untouched rrod box I have.....just a matter of this sodding hot air gun arriving

can't believe it just threw away the fan vent, you could have had it. defo needs it mate so it can suck the air out, yeah go for it, nothing to loose!

doh!!

figures too - just opened 2nd console - also missing the shroud. what the hell would they keep a shroud for. Wonder if the person even got it back after paying for original fix.

2nd one had defo had mobo removed too, as some mobo screws were missing....but looks like original xclamps were still in (didnt take it all way out - just wanted to see top)

Oh well......

guess will just have to wait and see what happens when the air gun comes.

Not sure whether to try out on these dodgy 0022s first as test run, or to go for the more hopeful 0102 console that got the other day......which is the one I want most to survive out of all of it :)

worst case scenario though - if can't fix them - then on ebay they go sold for spares or if anyone else wants a stab at it - would only lose a few quid.

a little tip as well, if you don't mind the case removed and that then don't screw the MB back down as it can warp the board so I've just sat all of mine back in the shell no screws.

take it by that you mean - as in not screw the mobo back into the metal underside of the 360?

well if I can get it to work more than happy to leave it like that with a big "this way up" sticker on the top :p

Not too optimistic about these 2 like. Makes me think back to the dreaded one I tried months back that someone had butchered before I got to it lol......and these can't even keep a frikkin shroud on.

What I'll prob do tho when get heatgun, is just loan the shroud thingybob from one of the other 360s in the meantime. If do get it working then hopefully will get hold of a spare shroud or bodge one up (or even watercool that I thought about before with the vga dual sli block thingymagig that saw on x-s for bout 50quid) from somewhere

other thing putting me off, on searching at this flippin 0022 error, is mention of checking for missing components...and that "resistors can be missing" and things like that and need replacing.....which will be way out of my scope :)

I did look at front and back of it though, and couldnt see anything untoward, but without staring at it under a good magnifying glass with a reference pic to compare would be hard pressed to see something miniscule that may be missing at the back

Re: error 0022 + hot air gun worth trying? its also missing white shroud thing

ha! your in luck found a spare one pm your addy and I'll Post you it.

As for the box and the missing components don't worry about it, be very rare for a box to have a resistor missing unless it was a butcher that you bought it off..lol

lol.....

well actually.....as you mention it..... I contacted the seller etc, and gave him money up front. Was a pain in the arse getting in touch with him afterwards, so made me wary I may have been scammed.

I then googled his name, and found (unique name too) that he'd been doing time last year for driving down to hull with mates with machetes and petrol cans etc to do someone in!!!

Made me make sure to bring someone with me when I went up to meet the bloke lol. Luckily he was fine (and was with his mother lol).

Pm on its way

Many thanks to Dibbers.

very kind of you to send me that spare shroud!!!! It came today already. I owe you one :D

Hope you get your mess sorted ;)

Still no sign from that ruddy fleabay hot air gun grrrrrrr

do what i did put it in the oven on the top shelf on high for 15 mins worked a treat lol
tried hot air gun twice on other consoles without any luck

lol...might try that as a last resort.

v pissed off at mo tho.

Hot air gun STILL hasn't come!!!

So I went onto fleabay....to chase it up.

Went to the Won Items section - there was no hot air gun listed!!! I was like wtf, thought was losing marbles.

So went on to paypal, and sure enough, I did order and pay for a hot air gun off ebay. On checking the ebay link the listing had been removed by Ebay for some reason.

Now when them fkrs ebay remove listings....they could at least inform buyers of that!! As a result they just remove all trace on their website of it so their website doesnt even show as me buying it!! Was livid.

So started a paypal dispute, and managed to find who the seller was and sent him a message.

He got back pretty quickly saying ebay removed it because some tool reported him for using his photo of a hot air gun (ffs), so gave him address etc.

As a result of ebay though, even he didnt really have any means to look at who had bought it, other than sifting through all paypal transactions etc which would be quite a lot with a regular seller.

Really peeved off at ebay....I then wrote them a long rant about how they're responsible for this F up and disgusted at how they do not attempt to inform the buyers opening up to potential lost items and etc etc rant moan....

Now its hard to find out how to even contact ebay.....

get this....you go to contact, it makes you type in what you want to contact for.......and for most things its "phone us".

The closest I could find that would allow an "Email Us" to send my rant.....was for the topic "Why was my listing removed".....ok

so...type in the rant...and in the other box it wants the ebay listing number.

ok fair enough......so pressed Submit......to then get a "sorry this item no longer exists or has been removed" message.

lmfao they are fookin ridiculous - you cant even contact about a removed listing specifically in the "removed listing" section, because it asks for the listing number then wont proceed because its been removed

what plebs.

can you tell I'm pissed off !! :O lol

olololol....woah man! if your like that when your start heat gunning you'll either melt your board or melt through your floor boards.! calm when heat gunning! lol

get your self down the high street some where and have a look for one...might be more satisfying,......lol then take 4 Amitriptyline, then the next morning get up and heatgun the 360...with a bit of bob or something in the back ground....lololol

Back