Epson SX515W Printer

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
HiMy printer has just come up with the message "A printer error has occurred, switch printer off and switch on again. Refer to documentation." The helpful documentation says contact Epson support. I have ahd this before quite a while ago and I cannot for the life of me remember how I fixed it. Contacting Epson I remmber resulted in the helpful response return to Epson. The printer is out of warranty and being a good honest soul I have CSS ink supply connected not the original Epson inks which cost a fortune. I know that if I return the printer to Epson they will blame that which is not the case but easy for them.

The error occurred when I got a paper jam message and checked the printer to find no paper jame after wsitching off and on again it came up with this message.

Why does this always happen when you have a lot of printing that needs doing!!!!!!!:Angryfire

has anyone any helpful ideas how I can get rid of this error please all advice as normal gratefully received.

No good asking my son he is probably still sat in the corner crying after Saturday.

Thanks M'8s

Dave

had this happen on an old epson and my mate told me to download epson service software for it and it sets the print count back to zero as this is what they do if you take it to an epson service centre clean the inktray reset the print counter and then the message will disapear .
search the web for ssc service utility i think the newest is 4.3 it takes over from the monitor and hopefully your model is included

Hi Biffo thanks for taking the time out to help I have now sorted the problem from the info link you gave me great help my old head has stopped spinning.

Hi halfman halflager

This is really useful thanks for taking the time out to help me as you can possibly seen with a combination of your advice and that of biffo1 the problem is now sorted. That piece of software looks really good and useful it is now in my armoury. Thanks again m8 it is appreciated

Hi Biffo thanks for taking the time out to help I have now sorted the problem from the info link you gave me great help my old head has stopped spinning.

What was the advice from Biffo I have the same problem

Back