Epg?

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
Iv got CS working but noticed that the EPG is very limited it shows now and next and that is it, also if i go to another channel it takes time for the EPG to show, is this a common problem is it?

Which image?

On Dream Elite or Nab BH you need to configure the epg download before you get a full 7 day epg.

All you are getting now is just the standard DVB now/next data from each channel.

which box you got mate?

if its enigma2 then there are a couple of good 7 day epgs to use as for enigma1 I have always struggled for my 7020 but if you look on this site there are som good workarounds.

edit:
Hey bleu nice to see you around again, lol, you just beat me to that reply, lol.

Last edited:
im using my 500S (which is staying as a server) im using a old image reason being my box wont take new images keeps freezing, iv curently got a image called darkman 2. iv looked all over but i just cant get the epg to continue

any help would b great

EPG's are rubbish on Enigma 1 boxes (Dm500 etc..), you can get plugins to download EPG's I havent really had a play with them.
But due to memory limitations a DM500 is unstable holding more than 2 or 3 days of EPG data.
DM600 is capable of running a full 7 day EPG using SQLite, due to the higher amount of RAM it has..

Setup a network share if you havent got a HDD and then use any sqlite epg plugin as they rip data from sites like radiotimes and convert to .xml - may take some time to setup but you can get a good 5-7 days EPG on an enigma 1 box.

iv got a dm800hd running but the epg is the same, what is the plugin called that i need to download? iv looked on the download menu on the box but nothing appears can any one PM if your not allowed to post on this forum plz

iv got a dm800hd running but the epg is the same, what is the plugin called that i need to download? iv looked on the download menu on the box but nothing appears can any one PM if your not allowed to post on this forum plz

Which image are you running?

I usually hate spoon-feeding as everything can be found on here/google, but here goes:

Note, this may be different for other images - This is howto for Pli Jade 3 on Enigma1 boxes
(Latest Open Pli image is even easier, as it uses Rytec'sOpenXML EPG plugin)

Activiate Sqlite:

Blue button:

System properties.

EPG

EPG store: select SQlite Choose a place for the database on the network mount.

Next install the SQlite EPG download plugin:

blue button

Software

download EPG Plugin (best one I find is Radio Times EPG plugin)

Start the Dreambox EPG Config via the Yellow button, select Dreambox EPG Config (Radio Times EPG Plugin).

The next screen appears:

Select Package:

Press the blue button to see the channels ,you have to map them by linking them to each other in the left and right boxes,this can be a pain but you only need to do it once.Once your done green button to save,then select the following.

Time Offset: 0
Number of day: your choice but i find it best at 3 days
Use Cron: X (if selected, make sure you enable cron daemon in your setup)
Update at: Select a time that the update is wanted.

Press Retrieve (Yellow button). A retrieve will take between 5 and 10 minutes.

There is a more detailed guide on the pli wiki page, but follow the above and you should be ok.

Last edited:
the image is called Blackhole (well thats what it says when it loads up)

EPG for Blackhole images on DM800 is simple:

Press blue button twice... select blackhole EPG panel... Setup as rerquired (i use satmate sky.uk but feel free to try the other one) download epg!

As mentioned, you can set it up to download on a regular basis to keep it up to date

I'd just add to that, if you have the Dream Elite BH image, there are many more EPG downloads available via the blue button.

Press blue button twice... select blackhole EPG panel... Setup as rerquired (i use satmate sky.uk but feel free to try the other one) download epg!

As mentioned, you can set it up to download on a regular basis to keep it up to date

cheers mate ill give that a try , the layout is so different i must have missed it cheers for everyones feedback

I usually hate spoon-feeding as everything can be found on here/google, but here goes:

Note, this may be different for other images - This is howto for Pli Jade 3 on Enigma1 boxes
(Latest Open Pli image is even easier, as it uses Rytec'sOpenXML EPG plugin)

Activiate Sqlite:

Blue button:

System properties.

EPG

EPG store: select SQlite Choose a place for the database on the network mount.

Next install the SQlite EPG download plugin:

blue button

Software

download EPG Plugin (best one I find is Radio Times EPG plugin)

Start the Dreambox EPG Config via the Yellow button, select Dreambox EPG Config (Radio Times EPG Plugin).

The next screen appears:

Select Package:

Press the blue button to see the channels ,you have to map them by linking them to each other in the left and right boxes,this can be a pain but you only need to do it once.Once your done green button to save,then select the following.

Time Offset: 0
Number of day: your choice but i find it best at 3 days
Use Cron: X (if selected, make sure you enable cron daemon in your setup)
Update at: Select a time that the update is wanted.

Press Retrieve (Yellow button). A retrieve will take between 5 and 10 minutes.

There is a more detailed guide on the pli wiki page, but follow the above and you should be ok.

sorry if this sounds a daft question but regarding choosing a network mount im assuming i cant just run it from the DM500s i would have to for example have my pc on the network and the epg would only work if my pc was on? no way to get the epg working locally?

ruddyrum he doesnt use pli image so he wont be able to download it fromn the box.
is there anyway to download on pc and then transfer to box?
would it work with his image?
also have you tried using all of the newer images?

i would have to for example have my pc on the network and the epg would only work if my pc was on?
Yes!

no way to get the epg working locally?
Not unless you install a HDD in your dreambox!

is there anyway to download on pc and then transfer to box
You can copy the .tar.gz file across to your /tmp folder on your dreambox and then install it using the blue button and choosing manual install.

he doesnt use pli image so he wont be able to download it fromn the box
From what i gather he is using a DM800 with blackhole! As mentioned before, the EPG setup for sky uk for that scenario couldn't be easier (refer to previous post for instructions)

OR as mrbleu suggested,
"if you have the Dream Elite BH image, there are many more EPG downloads available via the blue button"
Either way, getting a sky epg on a Blackhole image is a easy as chips!

However if for some reason cant flash a decent image like Pli or nabilosat, you can perhaps try 'MV EPG v3.5.3 for The Gemini Project 4.2.0' or "EPG Evolution" never used them, so if you try it, your on your own!!! (EPG Evolution is available for download on most images, if not, do a manual install)

also have you tried using all of the newer images?
Not to sure what you mean by this... Pli jade 3 is the latest image!

Last edited:
I was using nabilosat blackhole 12 for over 6 months & always used satmate uk for my epg date but going back week or so the box just crashes & reboots every time I try to update epg data from satmate uk,..as I said it worked great for months,..I updated the image to dreamelete blackhole but the problem remains,..I have tried using the sky uk epg but find it leaves out a lot of program information out & blank spaces were the program data should be,...anyone else have this problem ? lots of folks on other forums are having problems with satmate uk lately,

Also been having this problem so ive gone back to the other epg listing for now. From reading on the satmate forum the guy who runs this (mobisat) as been away on holiday. Hopfully its fixed soon.

Last edited:

out of interest i tried this 3 times and 3 times i got the error screen and my box restarted. it doesnt bother me about epg but i thought i would have a look see.

OK, I've sorted the epg problem,...I just switched from satmate-uk to rytec-SKYUK,..take a look at the epg options (blue button then red button) & selected rytec-SKYUK then (yellow) to download,....perfect full epg data.
rytecepg.jpg

Last edited:
Back