Epg on USB or HDD

bob100

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a HDD but have seen a few posters saying to put the EPG file on USB stick.

why would you do this if you have a HDD.

2) if you need to put a USB in the box, can you put it in one of the back slots and how do you configure it, do you install from the uSB format wizard. (don't want to blitz the hdd).

last question, slightly off topic, came about because EPG wouldn't load on vix hades 12 image and the cross epg wouldn't work. (time for a new thread).

Cheers

Hi guys,
I have a HDD but have seen a few posters saying to put the EPG file on USB stick.

why would you do this if you have a HDD.

2) if you need to put a USB in the box, can you put it in one of the back slots and how do you configure it, do you install from the uSB format wizard. (don't want to blitz the hdd).

last question, slightly off topic, came about because EPG wouldn't load on vix hades 12 image and the cross epg wouldn't work. (time for a new thread).

Cheers

You can store it to HDD if you want to mate as the EPG is read once so it wont be spinning up your HDD all the time as Picons would.

so its worth putting the picons in the USB stick then,

. should I delete folder by FTP and run Rats Picons thing again with USB. (does it need to be mounted or just formatted when put in back)

so its worth putting the picons in the USB stick then,

. should I delete folder by FTP and run Rats Picons thing again with USB. (does it need to be mounted or just formatted when put in back)

Yeah picons need to be on USB to avoid the hdd spinning up on channel change.

Yeah the usb stick needs to be mounted media/usb

Back