Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EPG for Rats International Bouquets

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
I use Rytec UK / BBCi for epg and Rats channels list all the time but EPG for the international section is hardly ever there for more than 2 hours. Is there anyway to get these or is it that these channels dont tend to have a proper epg listing?

What box ? I ask that as I know you own 2 TM boxes and a VU Duo

If its the Duo then use OpenTV mate as this pulls on the epg direct from the satellite :)

The 2 TM boxes can't use OpenTV

Sent from my iPhone

Both boxes, I dont know how to setup open tv thats why I use rytec as its nice and simple. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

its easy mate
in the dreambox downloads there is a IPK file for crossepg

install that and setup opentv as the epg source

as far as Im aware though mate this will only work for your duo

Cool, gone into Cross EPG and selected the two for UK EPG and pressed download but just says starting downloader but nothing else happening.

Went to download now and it seems to be downloading and is playing some funky music from the radio

Last edited:
go into open tv and just select 28.2
configuration and set up daily

this is from memory lol

exit menus goto plugins and you should have a crossepg downloader, select this and the radio screen should come up for about 1 minute then tv comes back on thile it saves and loads

exit all menus and you should have full epg ? and it will do this daily at the time you select

I think I might have to delete the old epg.dat as international is missing alot of epg but I have a feeling there isnt really much epg to populate in the first place and thats why its missing

theres about 3 channels epg dont show so it looks like a few freq may of changed or stopped broadcasting (ill look into that)

apart from that there all there mate :)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 27
is this using Rytec mate or OpenTV ?

Both couldnt get using rytec or opentv so still cant get full epg :( but I put a request to rytec on openpli forum to see if it can be included as I tried opentv but found it wasnt working all the time and occasionally froze my VU Duo dont know if it was because I was saving to internal space

strange as OpenTV brings them all in for me mate

its direct from Satellite so should bring in the very same as Sky

Probably not using it right I will try again. Deleted all traces of epg.dat and restarted so all epg is blank will now try getting using opentv

Last edited:
Its all there :) perhaps I had it set wrong. Saving to hdd now instead of internal and full epg. Hope they sort this out on the TWIN soon

I told TM about this not working on the twin back last October Bally ;)
say no more

Just found this post

crossEPG & OpenTV on vu+
You want crossEPG & OpenTV. forget this rytec boll*cks.
What is OpenTV?
OpenTV allows you to receive the EPG guide from your satellite, (Its the exact same data Sky use for their EPG, so you can be sure its 100% up to date, all the time). This is better, because it is always updated by sky (who better to provide the data?). And also you will never have any problems, I have been using this since I got my box, and it's never failed on me,

How To install TSPanel & CrossEPG with OpenTV.
1. Install TSPanel on your image, You will need to update to the latest version after installation, Remember to unzip it!).
- Copy the *.ipk to your /tmp folder, and install using the menus on your box.
2. Restart your GUI, go to menu > TSPanel. Press `yellow` button to update to the latest version. (Restart your box).
3. Go to TSPanel > Addons > TunisaSat Dreambox Addons
- Navigate to `Plugins-EPG`
- Install Crossepg_0.6.2+git...or latest version
- Reboot your box.
4. Go to `Menu` > CrossEPG.
- Configure the first menu 1= Hard drive, 2= yes 3= yes 4=yes 5=disabled 6=yes 7= yes 8= no ,this is what works best for me
5. After configuration, you will see a list of `providers`. Select OpenTV providers,
- Select Sky UK OpenTV (Astra on 28.2), hit `enable` (Green button), then `Download` (Yellow button).
- This will download the latest OpenTV data to your box hdd, or USB. (Depending on setup).
6. After a GUI reboot (GUI ONLY, a full reboot, requires you to download the EPG again). Your EPG should be up and running.
Oh No!.. I rebooted my box by accident!
Don't Panic or start crying, do this....!!
- Go to `Menu` > `Plugins` > `CrossEPG Downloader`.
- Wait a minute (DM 800 SE) or two (DM 800 HD), and... its back enjoy

Surely same will apply to TWIN?

Crossepg/ opentv is on the twin Bally

But opentv takes about 10 minutes to download an I would say 70% is missing

When you have time try it and see ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Back