enigma 2 and mg camd question and a couple more

dazzlet

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i am in the uk and have a c@ble tuner and a sat tuner in my 9000 i have installed and setup e2 and its all running ok stable and looks and feels great
i see the mg camd has been released for this box and e2 i have edited the soft cam key file to include the lines to allow the key updating but i am not sure if it is supposed to autoroll or if i have to enter the key manually any help to get this up and running as it should would be greatly appreciated. thanks

also what tool is there that is good that i can use on my laptop to arrange the channels into bouquettes and reupload them onto my box, i know there is one for e2 on the cuberevo but for the life of me i cant remember the name of it lol.

i have just thaught of the 3rd thing i wanted to ask,
where would i be able to get an fully updated cables.xml file for to copy over to e2 to give me the correct autoscanning options for the uk and what is the correct directory fot this file.

thanks for any help or advise

Last edited:
Am sure i read somewhere, there is no autoroll and you need to put the keys in manually.

As for the channel list you can use any one designed for enigma2, this will save you loads of time. If you start with one that is done you can edit it to suit you. Use dreambox edit to upload and do the editing, just double check the satellites.xml file has the right directory path set in the options. I think it is a different location on the cuberevo than on the dreambox..

cables.xml not a clue sorry, will keep a look out for you though..

Si

thanks for the replys i am using dreambox edit to set up my favourites i found out as long as you use version 3 there is an enigma 2 settings that works for the cuberevo.
the path for the cables.xml i think is /ect/tuxtbox.

and i am still unsure with the mgcamd weather it autorolls because i have read somewhere that it does if the config file is set correctly but i have had a look at the config file but cant see any problems as to why it is not autorolling so if anybody else can shed some light on this that would be excellent thanks (i have copied all the magic rom files over to the directory too but still cant seem to make it work)

thanks

Been thinking could you not get one of the guys/girls over in the cable forums to give you the cables.xml from a dm500c.

Si

Back