Email reply form Technomate.

Thats fair enough mate :)

I am getting a different box now.
It will be coming via Rat and I will pop mine in the office next time i'm up that way.

I'm glad your getting a new box ellie but what is the difference between the new box and the old? I have only had mine for about 5 weeks I have no rights as I bought mine from a dealer so I can not complain but it would be nice to know what the difference is?

A few of the older ones have a problem with losing audio, glitching etc.
If your box is new then it shouldn't have this problem.

The glitching can be confused with the glitching you get from using a c line on an overloaded pay server and no amount of hardware changes can correct for using a pay server which is overloaded.

tm know as soon as they open the box if it is a dodgy box or not and there is nothing to be gained from swapping your box if it is a new one with the latest hardware.

Most old boxes are also still correct it is a small percentage that are playing up.

With my luck as it usually is I got a duff one :(

i received a replacement receiver today, and other than one hardware modification that i could have done myself, theyre exactly the same, but, i have to say, that with my older receiver, i had NO problems with audio stutter, or internal SATA drive problems, i did have a few issues with lip sync, but i also get that on my original DM800 and on my Vu+ Duo

im happy to see that ellie has arranged to have his receiver sorted out via 'other means' :) lol id have offered to help.

@ bonter, even though you got your receiver from a dealer, you can still register it with technomate directly for an extended warranty. i have searched DW for the post, but the search function seems all to cok for the last few weeks since the upgrade, but there is info here m8

Technomate Software Online

from july

In light of the recent development with the UR team no longer creating any form of working image for the TM800HD, Technomate have had to find a new team of software coders willing to take on where the UR team left things, and things were left in a pretty bad way. Technomate KNOW that their hardware is fine, and it has been badly let down by the software running on it. In light of this, for all existing TM800HD owners, Technomate would like to further extend your manufacturers warranty. This extended warranty is RTB (Return To Base) in the event of a failure, and will be extended untill 30/08/2012.

To register for this extended warranty, you will need to contact Technomate directly, so even if your receiver was bought from ebay on the first day of release, you can still register for this. Email Technomate directly, [email protected], with your receivers serial number, your name and address, and if possible, a copy of your original purchase invoice. Technomate will then register your receiver as 'covered' in the event of anything happening to it within the next 13-14 months, as if it was bought new.

Last edited by a moderator:
i received a replacement receiver today, and other than one hardware modification that i could have done myself, theyre exactly the same, but, i have to say, that with my older receiver, i had NO problems with audio stutter, or internal SATA drive problems, i did have a few issues with lip sync, but i also get that on my original DM800 and on my Vu+ Duo

I bet it took you longer to get the box out of the wrapping than it did to take the inards out of the box

imho lipsync is a problem with all linux boxes had it with my dbox2, dm500 original and clone.

It's the glitching thats doing my head in, I have tested and swapped boxes and my dm500c gets no glitches (crap picture after being used to hd) so I know it's the tm800 playing up but I always put it down to software before.

I don't use a sata drive so it's not a problem for me.

Can't blame tm for bad qc at the manufacturers, hope they are passing the bill on to the factory.

A few of the older ones have a problem with losing audio, glitching etc.
If your box is new then it shouldn't have this problem.

The glitching can be confused with the glitching you get from using a c line on an overloaded pay server and no amount of hardware changes can correct for using a pay server which is overloaded.

tm know as soon as they open the box if it is a dodgy box or not and there is nothing to be gained from swapping your box if it is a new one with the latest hardware.

Most old boxes are also still correct it is a small percentage that are playing up.

With my luck as it usually is I got a duff one :(

the TM800 was announced on DW first, and people were itching to get their hands on it. these same people were the first to get one, and unfortunatley, got the first problems with it. these same people were also the first to get Jtagged receivers, and it also looks like they were the first ones to get the receivers with the 'stuttering' issues as well. personally, im used to getting receivers with bits soldered in by hand, sometimes ive soldered them in myself lol

i think maybe TMs eagerness to get a new model out, along with end users eagerness to have the new model, has backfired a bit, with TM taking most of the backlash of it all. while the hardware may have been getting little 'tweaks' , ive personally compared 5 different tm800 receivers, including the 'latest' one. my last one, and a non jtagged one, and the only difference is one single electrolytic capacitor across a voltage regulator, and thats only on the very latest receiver, which looking at the value of the capacitor, would reduce a high frequency ripple on a low voltage supply, and looking at the location of the capacitor, looks to be sorting out something to do with the tuner, possibly on high frequency HD channels?? im not too sure, its all my own personal opinion and guess work from past experience

but as ellie has said, itll only be a small percentage of receivers showing any signs of 'issues' and then it will depend on how the end user actually uses their receiver

its all a learning curve to make things better for everyone :)

Can't blame tm for bad qc at the manufacturers, hope they are passing the bill on to the factory.

if you go back through my past posts, ive said numerous times, if i was anything to do with TM, id be sueing the arse off NXP for the driver / jtag issue, and ur / iq / et / whoever, for the software related issues

theyre contracted to TM to produce a product at the end of the day, if the end user can sue TM for something being 'not fit for purpose' when compared to the write up on the side of the box, the surely TM must have one hell of a case against the software developers who contractually say they can make the hardware do what the box says????

Does anyone know what these hardware revisions/modifications are?

I'd rather do them myself than send the box back to London as the kids will miss it.

I should say that my TM800 is rock solid, it works great especially after Digidudes work. I'm on my 2nd TM800, my first one which was non-jtag worked great, no glitching or any of that shit, and my new one works just as good. My only gripe is that Google Maps is shit on it. :)

if your boxes are rock solid mate then you dont need any modification done :)

If you have a box with the problems it will be self evident, the lip sync /stutter is unmissable and makes viewing almost impossible on some channels. lip sync on its own is not the issue.Some have likened it to glitchingbut instead of getting artefacts you get audio loss such that speech appears to stutter.

Since getting a reply to this email I have been in phone contact with Technomate every couple of days since. I have to say I surrender (no gloating Rickie)

Mate as if I would gloat, can't say I didn't tell you so tho'!

Anyway Mr Cuebase, thanks for the link on the slingbox remote it is working a treat from my little hotel in a nice hot country, and hopefully the hotels wifi is not going to be cained later when the footys on, bit like the other night when the lad wanted to watch bb.... I am sure other residents of this hotel when streaming there tv's as I couldn't even get on google!

Some people hey.....

You lucky sod, where are you havent managed to get away this year and dosent look like I will.

As I tap my iPhone screen, I am laying on a sunbed hiding my fair skin under a sununbrella because it's too f'ing hot in didim turkey.

21/2 hours before I start on my daily dose of watered down all inclusive alcohol.

But atleast there's no work!

Has anyone heard anything about the OE :FRIGHT: Or even an updated image :Drums: its gone very quite around here :nopity:

I've heard there was a bug in OE found at last stage of testing

If you think about it though, we was told 3 weeks I think it was about 5 weeks before the bug was found
So if it takes 5 weeks to complete it can't take that long to fix a bug........ Can it ? I dunno

Check my siggy for dates ;)

Sent from my iPhone

I think the oe is going to be harder than they expected. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see it this year.
I must say i'm happy with my new box the glitches now are so rare it's a pleasure to watch.

I do hope your wrong Ellie but I doubt it, what happened to that guy that came on a while ago saying he could finish it in a couple of days and then went on holidays lol

I think the oe is going to be harder than they expected. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see it this year.
I must say i'm happy with my new box the glitches now are so rare it's a pleasure to watch.

Back