Electronics

I'm a new member and currently working on a new project; an arduino powered Suis Vides controller. This is the first project I've done since finishing my Electronics degree nearly 10 years ago!

It's all on Bread board atm, but once I have it working will get it onto vero board and in a project case

you could also take pics and upload
not saying you dont know what to do but someone on here will have the same ideas and may be able to help
let us know how you get on
regards

hi guys, my interest at the beginning was in repairing things, like lamps, small radios etc...
Obviously only 50% of what i had tried to fix could survive! :proud:
My last success was fixing the back light of an old desktop monitor, that uses CCFT (cold cathode fluorescent tube), with led stripes that are more bright, cheaper, and lasts a lot more. The only problem is where to take a 12V power supply, but in that case i was lucky in finding a 13.8V socket in the main board!
Another good project was in converting the side mirrors of my old Renault Megane (1997) from manual into electrical-conttrolled. Well, it wasn't so difficult, i found 2 spare mirrors with the electrical motor, and taken the original controlling switch on ebay. then all i need to do was doing a new hole on the plastic of the door, change the cables with the motors, and make the wiring with phone cable.... that was amazing and really satisfying seeing something you do with your hands work properly, but it was a lot of years ago.
I'm from Italy and i've done a lot of works as electrician, builder and handyman. I came here in London 3 months ago and now i'm taking a college course for NVQ level 2 and 3 as electrician, because all my studies and experience here means nothing! but i like this job and i will do everything it needs to do that :pimp:

I like a mess about now and again just to keep the hand in with the soldering iron etc etc, ive got a couple of projects on the go at the mo for the workshop ie variable psu/frequency counter with a few whistles and bells to suit my needs, but as others have mentioned : time and cut price asian goodies at times completly defeat the purpose and incentive.

Essef

I like a mess about now and again just to keep the hand in with the soldering iron etc etc, ive got a couple of projects on the go at the mo for the workshop ie variable psu/frequency counter with a few whistles and bells to suit my needs, but as others have mentioned : time and cut price asian goodies at times completly defeat the purpose and incentive.

Essef
i like to see projects when you done it

Will post piccies once operational, we are so busy at the mo what with a house move and our wedding in May ,but ill defo post em up.

Essef

Will post piccies once operational, we are so busy at the mo what with a house move and our wedding in May ,but ill defo post em up.

Essef

wedding can we all come lol .... good luck to the move an the wedding

Just found 4 Z80A's and 2 AY8910 Synth Chips from the old days repairing arcade machines

Going to have a good look in the back of my shed at the weekend to see what else I can find.

Anything you find I'd be interested! I still fix arcade machines :)

Last year I made a digital clock, a counter and some other simple projects :) Also a few years ago i was repairing broken microcontrollers, some automatic systems etc.

Last year I made a digital clock, a counter and some other simple projects :) Also a few years ago i was repairing broken microcontrollers, some automatic systems etc.

Some pictures of your projects would be nice- even if they're not pretty!

When i get the time id like to build a big tubed nixie clock, Theres just something special about valves. :hubbahubba:

Essef
I repaired and slightly adapted a Hacker Mayflower radio a few weeks ago, it was made around 1950 and if I remember correctly had 7 valves in total. Last week I had a Yaqin amplifier for repair which I also adapted to provide extra protection, beautiful piece of kit.
Yaqin.jpg

It was all valves when I first started electronics servicing in the 70s'. Must admit I had to do a bit of re-learning before tackling them again.

Back