Electronic's department :)

FocuS

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not the right place but here goes, i dont know much about electronic's

got a resistor (i think) of a control board out of a washing machine, the said part is burnt out but it does have some numbers on it 251 the letters on the board was R5 which i am guessing is the postion, i was wondering if there is any way of finding out what it is, if any one has the experience in this field, a long shot i know

Thanx

Focus

Attachments

• 20150920_125429.jpg
    20150920_125429.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
I would say it is a resistor, but you may have to check another to get its resistance.

Are there any others on the board with the same numbers on them?

At a guess it's a 250R resistor.

Post the model or any numbers on the board, there might be a schematic somewhere.

Can you take a picture of the whole board @FocuS?

here ya go m8 dont know if it will help ya or not :) @Spectre

Focus

Attachments

• WP_000291.jpg
    WP_000291.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
here ya go m8 dont know if it will help ya or not :) @Spectre

Focus

Without seeing a schematic I can't tell what it is doing, possibly limiting current through one of those three diodes. I'm not familiar with domestic electronics.

I'd stick a 2W 250R one in and see.

Does it say R5 just under it in your picture? It looks different to the other resistors on the board but is labeled the same way. Could someone have changed it in the past

All the resistors are labeled r1 r2 ect if this is r5 its a pretty save bet it's a resistor imo. Good luck with it.

If you Google the part number (of the board) you may well come up trumps. It does sound like a resistor from what you say re. component numbering. But before powering up with your new resistor (buy 2!) check some other components for shorts- like the diodes @Spectre mentioned for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back