Electronic Organisers and PC

P

pete252

This may be 'off topic' but here goes...(the 'off topic' forum seems to be a bit too 'way off'!)

I use a little Oregon Scientific organiser to store phone numbers at work but I know that one day it will die. Therefore I made sure I got one with a PC link so that I could backup my data.

The link I presume is an RS232 converter from whatever is outputted from the organiser to serial data into the PC.

The software is fairly primitive to say the least but it does the job and it appears to be functional with quite a few models from different manufacturers (but some of these options are 'greyed out')

A colleague at work has a Casio organiser that has died - or at least gone blind 'cos the LCD is cracked and blacked out all but a few characters on the display. I thought I may be able to help but my software is a bit too shy on whether data is being transmitted, does not allow me to set up 'Casio' organisers and finally we have no manual for the Casio so I'm really guessing at the 'transmit data' option !!

PHEW !!

Two things that would really help ;-

1, A proggy that looks at the serial port and outputs to screen anything that is sent. I tried hyperterminal but I don't know enough about it to get it to work.

2, Definite keypresses for the Casio SF-4600C so that I know it's transmitting data (at least for the phone book)

I know the obvious answer to my colleagues dilemma - tough you should have backed up your data !! But this guy is not a techie and this episode will just make him more technophobic - 400 names and numbers lost that took years to accumulate !!

Any info would be rewarded with my unending grat.i.t.ude !!

Pete

software

casio software

It allows connection PC and calculator or electronically diaries SF and CSF of the firm CASIO. It is Compatible with CFX and FA 122. hardware connection on the side of the diary is conducted stereo jack connector 2.5 mm and on the side of PC 25 pin serial COM port. ( in the case of need use the reduction from 9 pin serial port COM on 25 pin's .).

Back