Eduardo injury

Thankfully if the report is true and he has only broken he's fibula it's not that serious he could be back in around 12 - 16 weeks, it did look like both he's Tibular and Fibular that broke in those pictures, Just hope he recovers well :)

check this link out, 52secnds into the video, don't it seem like Taylor is smiling at him after he has made the tackle. Fecking cock should be banned for life. Intentional defenatley.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BukHpck04p8&feature=related[/ame]

:Chainsaw:

hard one to call there m8

QuestionMark.gif

Just read some of the comments. There are some sick fuckers out there.

Just read some of the comments. There are some sick fuckers out there.

I know what you mean. Some of the comments are more sickening than the videos!

Seems every 4th or 5th comment I was saying to myself 'How can anyone say something like that?' :grayno:

People dont realise how dangerous Football is nowadays. Last year I played and ended up breaking my shoulder. More people are injured or die playing football than any other sport!!

The main problem is that Arsenal are labelled as a team that don't like people being overly-physical with them.

Taylor went in with a 'hard' challenge and I do think he was actually smirking about the fact but that then turned to shock as he has realised the damage caused.

Its 50-50 really. I don't think he intended the outcome but he certainly wanted to make his presence felt because of the Arsenal label. It wasn't a malicious tackle with intent but if you go in at someone with studs up then you always run the risk.
And in this case it ended badly.

red card --- yes

intentional --- no

clumbsy challenge maybe ..but no way with intent

Let's keep this in perspective, THE tackle had all the hallmarks of trying to rough up a player. These type of tackles are done against arsenal day in day out. Sooner or later it was going to result in this.The intent was always there to go in hard.

English players when they get outplayed or are losing always go in hard, and have always done so. Its a hallmark of the english game, i've seen gerrard, terry, scholes, keane, joe cole, rooney etc all make leg breakers tackle and then walk off angry as if they were the victims. The only time they don't is when they actually do severly hurt the other player. In that case the media jumps on the bandwagon of "it wasn't malicious". Well yes and no it was malicious and intentional to a huge extent. You don't make a tackle like that with the studs showing and following through with your whole body weight behind it without knowing that you could destroy the other persons leg. Its ridiculous if they think the other person is going to escape unscathed.

Its very much a coscious choice. Remember the roy keane tackle on that player that the whole media was going keane didn't intend it, and then he even openly said it in his autobiography he went in to break his leg and had no remorse.

Taylor basically gave him two options, leave the ball and jump out of the way or i'll go through your leg and hurt you. Usually players take option 1 but every now and then players like eduardo don't realise and get mowed down. And usually when they do get mowed down they don't get that severly injured. But if you make tackles like that sooner or later you'll break someone's leg, and every player that makes tackles like that knows that is a possibility in the back of their minds, but they still willingly make those tackles. They have the intent to hurt roughly and the "willingness to take the risk" of hurting their victims badly.
A cruel willingness.

Seeing his leg almost severed like that was just horrendous.. I was specifically watching if Taylor had any remorse or trying to check if the player is ok.. but Taylor simply remonstrated with the ref as if Eduardo dived.. Fabregas , Hleb and the whole Arsenal team go ghostly white and start screaming for a stretcher & where is Taylor? Arguing with the ref that the card is a tad harsh.. That was why I really got worked up.

this shows it better l think [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5c748hsECVk&feature=related[/ame]

Just read through this thread from the start and it is obvious to anyone that emotions were riding very high at various times. As a football fan (not quite sure I qualify really as a Leeds fan) I was horrified to see the damage done to a player I felt had a terrific future in the game. I sincerely hope he does make a full recovery from the dreadful injury he suffered. I have to say that with Leeds in league 1 now, I can honestly watch the premier league games and enjoy some of the football played by the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea. The passing and movement and just instinctive knowledge where certain players will be is incredible. I can also say that I do recall other horror tackles made by players in the past, including Leeds' players so no point in stating which ones. Leeds may be in league 1 but they are my team, have been for nearly forty years now and I can fully appreciate how I would have been feeling if it had been one of our players when we were doing well.I will probably get banned for saying this, I hope not, but still think I should say it. Wenger has toned down the comments he understandably made in the heat of the moment. There have been a lot of harsh words said in this thread and I do think Bulldog caught the wrong end of it. This is a site where we are encouraged to have an opinion and discussions on all manner of things but we do usually stop short of personal attacks on members. Mickie, have you had a chance to re read the posts Bulldog made, I honestly think it is difficult to be certain about the tackle - I initially thought it was clumsy, my current view is that it was over the top but to be honest, only Taylor knows, for certain, what was in his head at the time and he has got to live with that. Just my thoughts, I'm sure others have had similar thoughts but probably didn't want to post them for fear of a ban. If I cop a ban then so be it but I do think the ban for Bulldog was a bit harsh and I have no vested interest here, I don't know the guy.

Just my thoughts, ramblings, whatever!

Latest on Eduardo Injury

Eduardo to return this year

Gunners striker could be back in action in nine months

Arsenal believe that striker Eduardo da Silva will make a full recovery from his horror leg break and could be back in action in nine months.

The Brazil-born Croatia international was left in agony by Martin Taylor's third minute challenge during Saturday's Premier League clash with Birmingham at St Andrews.

The Gunners have revealed that the force of the challenge broke Eduardo's left fibula and dislocated his ankle, with Taylor being shown an immediate red card.

The Birmingham centre-back has visited Eduardo in hospital, with Blues manager Alex McLeish revealing Taylor is 'mentally shattered' by the incident.

Eduardo, who is expected to be discharged from a London hospital in the next few days, could be back in action for Arsene Wenger's men before the end of the year.

Time-scale

A statement on the club's official website said: "The club can confirm that following the incident during Saturday's match at Birmingham City, Eduardo has fractured his left fibula and sustained an open dislocation of his ankle joint in the same leg.

"He was immediately taken to Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham where he underwent surgery on Saturday evening. The operation was successful and Eduardo was transferred to a London-based hospital on Sunday afternoon.

"Earlier today (Monday, 25th February), the orthopaedic surgeon and Arsenal medical staff assessed the extent of the damage and possible time-scale for a full recovery.

"All being well, Eduardo will have his leg in plaster and using crutches for the next six to eight weeks. After that time, partial weight-bearing exercises will be scheduled into a slow rehabilitation process.

"It is hoped that Eduardo will be running again in six months' time and making a full recovery after nine months."

By Rob Parrish (Sky Sports) Last updated: 25th February 2008

That is fantastic news, lets hope he makes a full recovery. Thanks for the update.

thankyou wenger

i find your comments yesterday libellous and the only reason your club decided to retract them was cos my club was about to start legal proceedings

the lad will miss the last 3 months of the season and possibly 2 of next season

how about you look at david dunn who spent the good part of 3 years injured, you dont see us blaming other clubs for his injuries

football is a contact sport and as far as i am concerned wenger should be disciplined by the fa, he goes shouting his mouth off whenever he feels like it even though the likes of eduardo nearly took evra's ankles off last week, eboue kicking chunks out of chelsea players, oh but arsenal are allowed to get away with it cos they are special

arsenal are nearly as bad as chelsea when it comes to cheating and being dirty, it is just a shame a young lad like eduardo gets the short straw

Back