ebay seller tryin to rip me off

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
i purchased from ebay a pair of ugg bailey button boots. i paid extra to have them delivered in 24hrs so i could give them my girlfriend for xmas. the boots arrived on the 24th of december and i was well please with the seller.

upon inspection of the boots, i was unsure as to wether the boots were infact genuine ugg boots. The seller did say when asked that they were genuine. There were sutle differances between the two boots ie. two lines of stitching of a particular piece of leather while there was only one line of stitching on the other boot. to ease my mind, i took the boots to a well known retailer, 'bank' in liverpool one, liverpool. on comparsion of the boots sent by the seller to the genuine boots in the shop, i found them to be indeed fake!! the boots had many differances and even the box they come in was different. Because it was xmas eve, i had no choice to buy the genuine ugg bailey button boots from bank at the full rrp. when i arive home, i contacted the seller and advised him that infact his boots were fakes. he told me he was not aware of this and asked me to send the boots back for a full refund. I told the seller i would send them back provided he would also refund me the postage cost too for him to send me the boots and also for me to send the boots back to him. The seller agreed. I told the seller to cover myself 'just in case' i would file a claim with ebay. as stated this was to cover myself just incase something went wrong.

The seller was not happy about this but to me to do whatever i thought i had to do. i told him that once i recieved a full refund including all postage costs, i would cancel the claim and still leave him postive fedback! i today contactd him and told him i have arranged a collection of the boots on monday 4th jan and provided him with a tracking number. i also told him the full amount to refund would be £102.64. The seller has replied saying '"i hope the boots you return are in fact the ones i sent you".

i know the seller is now goin to tell either paypal that the boots i have sent back are not the boots he sent me, which i know wont be true but how can i possibly prove this

anyone have any ideas? on what i should do??

you should simply send them back and wait for the refund, quite ridiculous for the seller to suggest you have gone out of your way to acquire a pair of boots that are fake to replace what he sent you. the seller will also be well aware of what he sent you, don't forget you also have a proof of purchase for the genuine article from a retailer. Not at all likely you would purchase fakes from them is it and also not likely you need to pairs the same lol.

dont no what you can do mate but the cheek of im what a twat!

never buy anything clothes wise off ebay unless you can be 100% sure, also you should check feedback to see what others say about items they have received, in your case there isnt alot you can do mate, you will just have to hope he sends you the refund and doesnt try to dispute that you have sent him different boots!

Photo evidence is all I can think of, clearly showing the fakery... (is that a word?!)

Good luck mate.

if he's selling others and he does dispute they're not the ones you sent, tell him you'll get trading standards involved and a link to the real/fake guide nara posted, maybe he'll rethink and give it you. but as said before dont buy clothes unless sure. maybe buy her something else to open next time and buy her real in the sales

Last edited:
u dont have a boot to stand on

lol only kiddin couldnt resist ...im sure it will all get sorted ..ebay is a buyers market these days , they hate the sellers lol

hey mate ive had this one already firstly dont send him the boots back as you wont have any evidence he is selling you fake boots tell him you will go to trading standards if he dont give you your money back and remember he knows he is selling fakes.. he dont want the old bill knocking his door and checking his past history on ebay if he refuses make a claim through ebay telling them that you bought them in good faith that ebay would not allow fakes to be sold on there website as they should have protected you from buying fakes....as ebay is a market place and are not allowed to profit from fake stuff they advertise for auction and leave it to ebay to get your money from him/her and ebay will refund you they cant leave you out of pocket from there fake auctions..

Back