Ebay Scam?

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey DW the wifey just got this email and was wondering if you can check it out for me, seems dodgy but not too sure

eBay

Dear eBay Customer,

We recently noticed an attempt to log in to your eBay account from a foreign IP
address and we have reason to belive that your account was used by a third party
without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts
may have been initiated by you. Therefore, if you are the rightful account holder,
click on the link below to log into your account and follow the instructions.

Please click here to confirm your account online

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to suspend your account.
If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware
that it is in violation of eBay`s policy to represent oneself as another eBay user.
The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your account has not been fraudulently
used and to combat the fraud from our community.

Thank you for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Thank you for using eBay!

Sender is: [email protected]

Noticed they have spelt believe wrong aswell and cannot see Ebay sending this sort of email or also making a spelling mistake

Just copied the link and it is a scam so if you get email like this avoid it!

Last edited:
They would use your eBay userid in the e-mail rather than a generalisation. So I would say its a phishing scam. More info can be found here, here, here and here. A quick google search copying the first few lines from the e-mail generally brings up the results.

Whois data on the website here.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:
If you get an unexpected email form either Ebay or Paypal.
Forward them to : [email protected] or [email protected] and they will tell you very quickly if it is bogus.
In any case ANY email from Ebay will have your real name in the body of the text NOT Dear Member or your userID.

Last edited:
Email ebay from there site and ask if they have sent any emails about a foreign IP being used in your name.

if you are unsure about any emails from anyone, always ring the company to confirm it was from them or email them from there site.

this is sent especialy for you i put in a bogus id and a bogus password and it came back user id wrong

i put big dick and password as ******
lol
fill it in and put an expletive as ur password
lol

it keeps coming back as userid or password incorrect

so if ppl want to keep putting all kinds of crap it will take them a while to sift through them to find non work

so batter it members

Last edited:
MONEY-UK-MSN.COM SITE INFORMATION

IP: 79.170.44.126
IP Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Website Status: active
Server Type: Apache/2

Back