Ebay LCD TV's

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive bought another 2 TVs off ebay, the faults are below, as well as the price paid ;)

ill post what i do in this thread to hopefully repair them, or break them down for spares

FAULTY JVC LCD,THE PICTURE GOES OFF AND COLOURED VERTICAL LINES ARE SEEN.

You are bidding on a used but great condition Phillips 23inch flatscreen hd ready television, the fault is that the power comes on but the screen is broken.

this guy said the screen is not working, in broken english, so im hoping that its not actually smashed

ive also got snipes setup on other sets, as well as chips on their way from china for one of the last 2 that i won, ill post them up as i start to repair them

last week i bought a phillips 42" plasma for £40, spent about 60p on a few capacitors to fix it, then got £200 from cash convertors for it lol

this is my new beer money generator, buy the tellys off ebay that people wont deliver, i cover a HUGE area, so pickup for me aint really a problem, if the seller can keep for a few days untill i can collect, fix them, leave them on for a day to make sure they dont blow up, then take them to cash convertors :)

Surely you could get more money selling them on ebay/gumtree?

I could be interested in your repaired tv's aswell mate and i'd even pay extra for a courier.

@ Digidude,

Is that your job fixing tvs as well as satallite stuff or did you just start messin around with broken ones ?

your on a roll at the mo.

i brock my 42" plasma screen just before xmas, the house insurance paid out £500 but i paid £1500 for it (5 years ago) but had not used it for 2 years.
but they left it here so i just put it on ebay and sold it for £26! and it was a great samsung tv!

and now the kids lcd/dvd player (proline) has just stoped working, he had his lights trip in his bedroom, then it went black and white and no sound now no power, but the power light on the power leed is on, and i have looked inside the tv and none of the caps have blown and cannot see anything in there, but dont look like any power is getting to the tv so think the power leed could still be the problem?

anyway might just stick it on fleebay...lol

MB

Why don't you meter the power supply going to the TV if its a seperate power supply. Voltage meters can be bought cheaply enough and are ideal for things like this. Personally though I don't think that the fault lies with the transformer.

Regards

Liam

ive bought another 2 TVs off ebay, the faults are below, as well as the price paid ;)

ill post what i do in this thread to hopefully repair them, or break them down for spares

this guy said the screen is not working, in broken english, so im hoping that its not actually smashed

ive also got snipes setup on other sets, as well as chips on their way from china for one of the last 2 that i won, ill post them up as i start to repair them

I just bought one similar :)
32inch LCD HD

their is a line down the centre of screen and colour
is disorted hence spares or repair and sold as seen

Cant go wrong for 16 quid.

Brilliant bit of buisness guys.

I have a 27" (can't remember brand name - from Currys I think). Anyway it has a smashed screen. Is there any parts can be salvaged for you guys before I bin it ???

start a new thread with the make, model and fault description m8, the more threads that get made, replied to and resolved in these rooms in the 3 month trial could ensure they become a permenant part of DW ;)

Brilliant bit of buisness guys.

I have a 27" (can't remember brand name - from Currys I think). Anyway it has a smashed screen. Is there any parts can be salvaged for you guys before I bin it ???

where abouts are you m8, ill take it off you, or pay postage for the boards

where abouts are you m8, ill take it off you, or pay postage for the boards

You know I am on a small island in the caribbean...well ok its Northern ireland but closer to the caeribbean than most of you lot.

Can I take the boards out, I dont mind having a go. Tell you what I will start a post in new section so its used.

added to the pile

Panasonic TX-32LXD60 - smashed screen
Beko 26WLB500S - Turns to standby after few seconds
Sharp AQUOS LC-30HV4E - as above
Ferguson 23" WS unkonwn model number - as above
Logik LCX14LN1 - as above - solved with new 12v adaptor :)

worked out at less than a tenner a piece

i have a ascreen for the panasonic, the little logik is already fixed, and the rest look like power supply faults, only got the back off the beko so far

have also noticed that the sharp must need an external media unit, which i dont have, so its possible theres nothing wrong with the actual screen itself?

Been looking on ebay for local stuff collection only, and even then they are around £80 a piece PMSL !

We gonna get to see any piccies digi or are you just gonna continue to plug a new power supply in n get em working! LOL

With this long Bank Holiday a bet a few more snipes have gone in?

Just picked up a samsung LE26R73BE HD LCD, fault was comes on then straight back off, swapped the invertor board for an identical one from another samsung with a smashed screen, nice new 26" HD LCD for the bedroom now :proud:

also picked up today an acoustic solutions 19" HD LCD thats dead, just took the back off and theres a few swollen caps on the PSU, so 'should' be an easy fix, and a dmtech lt42xty that comes on then gets stripes and freezes that ive not looked at yet, this one has a DVD player on the side with 'DivX' written on it as well though

EDIT: 2x 15p caps, and the 19" is back alive :)

Last edited:
Back