Easy Hack 4.2e not so easy

No only games like nsmb which have a new security system, if you have a chipped wii the games you used to play will still play on the disk channel. The best way to go is to install the configurable usbloader and buy a usb hard drive each game takes less than 1gb of disk space so you dont need a massive one, but as it can be fat32 you can use it for other media aswell

edogg

Thats the next thing I am going to do...Got some spare usb enclosures doing nothing just need to find a spare hdd to put in it.

Infact will games work of a USB stick?

:SHOOTING:dbox whats one of those lol

Havent had a chance to do the tut today didnt get back from work until 8! Will get something for the weekend...
I think you know what a dbox is :Laugh:

Look forward to the tut once it's done i'm going to use it to do my brothers wii so if it goes wrong i'll tell him to come & see you about it.

Quick question, New super marios brothers is the only game I have tried since doing the softmod but it doesnt load from the normal wii channel I can only load if from NG is this going to be the case with all games and is this how it is meant to be?
The one i got doesn't work at all, it's the only one so far in about ten that hasn't worked the rest have worked fine but i have loaded them all via NG as i assumed they wouldn't work through the normal channel.

Just tried this hack on a virgin wii and everything has installed but wii wont read the disc at all. Same disc works in mine and a friends wii but they had old wii chips already installed...

Any suggestions? I did everything exactly same as on my wii and the other one I softmodded but this one isnt reading the or loading the game... doesnt even come up in normal wii channel...

Just tried this hack on a virgin wii and everything has installed but wii wont read the disc at all. Same disc works in mine and a friends wii but they had old wii chips already installed...

Any suggestions? I did everything exactly same as on my wii and the other one I softmodded but this one isnt reading the or loading the game... doesnt even come up in normal wii channel...

The new wii's come with a drive that can not read dvd-r m8, usb/sd loading only.

Ok I have just tried another game from dvd, monpoly and that works fine when loaded from NG... but the new super mario bros doesnt work... anyone have any ideas?

Ok I have just tried another game from dvd, monpoly and that works fine when loaded from NG... but the new super mario bros doesnt work... anyone have any ideas?

Think thats the problem with a few on disk.I tried Super Mario on disk and it didnt work yet with the same file on ext hd it worked fine.
Guess its a case of being lucky with some games.
For the sake of 50 quid i would get an ext hd,
Best 50 quid ive spent on the Wii;

Mine super mario runs from usb m8, i think you need to install cIOS53 for it to run for disc. I read a tut about it i will try and find it.

edit this is a copy and paste

Nsmbw works from disc channel!!
There was a new PPF patch for the main.dol that will allow the game to be launched from the disc channel. Here's what you do:

1. Download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
2. Extract the contents of th "SD" folder to the root of your SD card and the contents of the "PC" folder to your PC.

3. Put your SD card into your Wii

4. Run Wad Manager and install "cIOS53 - Trucha.wad"

5. Run Dop_IOS and patch the system menu you are on (scroll left or right until you see your System Menu in the description).

6. Run WiiScrubber on your PC and load your ISO.

7. Right click "main.dol," (in the "DATA" partition) choose "replace," and navigate to "mainNTSC.dol" or "mainPAL.dol" depending on the region your disc is from (both the new dol files have had their corresponding patch applied).

8. Close WiiScrubber and burn the ISO.

Now put the disc in the Wii and launch from the disc channel.

Last edited:
Do you have to patch the game then aswell using wii scrubber?

***EDIT***
The ISO I have is "ind-nsmb-pal_maindol_patched.iso" so looks like it has already been patched using wii scrubber so I will try steps 1 to 5 abd see if it works.

Last edited:
Do you have to patch the game then aswell using wii scrubber?

***EDIT***
The ISO I have is "ind-nsmb-pal_maindol_patched.iso" so looks like it has already been patched using wii scrubber so I will try steps 1 to 5 abd see if it works.

Steps 1 to 5 should sort it, make sure you have a nand back up first.

Steps 1 to 5 should sort it, make sure you have a nand back up first.

Tried it on mine first and I could load game from normal wii channel but tried it on his and the new super marios brother just doesnt read. Unable to read disc which is really weird...

Oh well im pretty sure everyother game will work... the only difference between the two consoles is that I have a old wiikey installed and he doesnt... Mines properly two years older too.

The missis bought my wii for christmas & the only game that hasn't worked so far is NSB, so i got the wad file of the NES Super Mario & play that instead :Laugh:

132 photographs later! I am ready to start writing up my guide! But first some lunch me thinks!

Back