E-tailers launch 80GB PS3 pre-ordering

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Leading online e-tailers including Game, GameStation and Play have begun to take orders for Sony's forthcoming 80GB PlayStation 3 console.

The new £299.99 machine, which the e-tailers are claiming will launch on August 29, is expected to prove most favourable with hardcore users seeking the extra hard drive space.

Game's website claims that the 80GB model will be bundled with the motion-sensing DualShock 3 joypad, but it also reports that it will not offer the features seen on the old 60GB PS3, such as PS2 backwards compatibility, an ethernet cable, a memory card reader or SACD playback.

Sony's President David Reeves said the 80GB PS3 will launch on August 27 during last month's E3 conference.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a121642/e-tailers-launch-80gb-ps3-pre-ordering.html

That, I feel, is a bad move.

How come MS are able to offer a 60gb console with the same basic hardware as the pro model, but Sony cant give us an 80gb PS3 with an ethernet port?

Online play on the PS3 can be flaky at best - with no ethernet port it will possibly be even worse for some.

That, I feel, is a bad move.

How come MS are able to offer a 60gb console with the same basic hardware as the pro model, but Sony cant give us an 80gb PS3 with an ethernet port?

Online play on the PS3 can be flaky at best - with no ethernet port it will possibly be even worse for some.

were does it say there is no ethernet port on the ps3 80gb???

all i see is mention of a network cable

Back