DW TM800HD 07/12/10 for Jtag receivers

I haven't got a TM800 but i really think this will be a good box eventually.
Everyone who purchased it knew it was a wip so just hang on in there guys i'm sure you will be happy in the end.

for those having the black screen issues, a new image has been released, you can download it from here

Technomate Software Online

this is standard UR release, ive not got time to DW mod this one untill later tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Feedback

(TM may not know how to deliver the best customer service standards, but it does seem they are genuine guys and not just some money grabbers.)
Malcolm, I understand your sentiment perfectly - I had exactly the same position (3-4 years already) based on the "feeling" that TM are the "nice guys of the industry". And, with all that has happened since the unfortunate release of the TM800 into the wild, I still believe that was not a rudely intentional attempt of scamming us.
But... !
- I ordered 3 boxes; end of May 2010.
- I waited for WiFis a tad over 6 months even though they have been personally promised to me by mid-to-end June.
- I had to pay for the shipping of WiFis even though UK customers received them completely free of charge.
- So I used the opportunity to at least have them shipped together with "upgrade top-covers with fan", to minimise the individual shipping cost (UK customers ALSO had the top-cover modification done for free)
- £32 (shipping) and 6 months later, I eventually received the WiFi's and the top-coves just the other day, but without any instructions on how to fit them (connect the fan to... where?), and also without some components that retailer previously mentioned as part of the upgrade-kit (capacitors, connectors, ...?) that apparently needed to be soldered to ...I-don't-know-where-and-they-are-not-saying...!!!.
- Retailer is ignoring my emails asking about applying the mod;
- and so is Technomate, and I tried a few different addresses.
- Finally, it is an indisputable FACT they are still being disgusting, pathetic and cheap inconveniencing the non-UK customers with disassembly of the TM800 and sending MBs only, in order to save THEM a few £s on shipping.
- My per-box-cost currently stands at £320 (before any JTag related inconvenience or costs).

What you said about "not knowing how to deliver the service" is VERY mildly putting it - correct wording for what they are doing to their non-UK customers would be that it's an unforgivable bleeding insult.

Finally, after all these blunders and demonstrated complete lack of respect for their customers, are we supposed to believe they actually have any f*ing clue what they are doing, and that this one JTag is going to be "it"? The silver bullet that will kill all TM800 issues for good and finally make it The Box that we paid for in full 6 months ago...? It's not like they didn't lie to us in the past, and we KNOW IT.

Absolutely correct Sargie, my apologies for venting it where it doesn't belong. Could I ask you/anybody with sufficeint privileges to split my posts from this topic and move them to "moans and groans", if possible? Thank you.

Absolutely correct Sargie, my apologies for venting it where it doesn't belong. Could I ask you/anybody with sufficeint privileges to split my posts from this topic and move them to "moans and groans", if possible? Thank you.

It would make the thread look a mess if i removed them tbh.

Ive nothing against people moaning if they want to, it's just on a thread like this i want to read of peoples experiences with these new images.

It's annoying if you have to sift through pages of off topic moans and groans that's all.

It would also make it easier to find common issues/problems if they were all in one place.

it is mate
but Ive noticed its gone from TM download centre :err: Im trying to find out if its been pulled for some reason

there was an issue, when changing from one nova channel to another on 13E that the receiver would lock up

Back