DW Logo

i must of missed it, or was the new logo just for the strong blue..

im using darkness.

I think its a bit in your face and because its a gif the quality look like its been reduced massively...

What happened to the CSS tabs?

I think its a bit in your face and because its a gif the quality look like its been reduced massively...

What happened to the CSS tabs?

you have a vallid point there Bally12345 needs to be of a lot higher quality

CSS tab what you mean m8

Yeah I think zippy changed put the quality down because I moan about the size lol.

I agree its a little degraded maybe we should increase the quality.

what css tabs are you talking about I have css tabs for all the forum sections on the navbar mate.

Mickie

thanks for info mickie, we can just blame RAT for image he normally breaks things :proud::proud:

Last edited:
Yeah I think zippy changed put the quality down because I moan about the size lol.

I agree its a little degraded maybe we should increase the quality.

what css tabs are you talking about I have css tabs for all the forum sections on the navbar mate.

Mickie

you have a vallid point there Bally12345 needs to be of a lot higher quality

CSS tab what you mean m8

Was meant to say New* CSS tabs didnt you change them a month or so ago?

Those are the latest css buttons ?

They are coded with css and it also uses conditionals to pick the colour of the forum you are viewing.

There was some buttons before just under the header but they was pretty naff I thought lol ?

Mickie

totally agree Bally12345. I logged on early this morning before I went to work and thought the same. Looked better when I was working on it. Working on modifiying it a bit.

Mickie and myself will work on it 'til hopefully it looks good.

could try a png or jpg if you like the are normally better quality images

Regards
Mickie

@Mickie

Here's the header modified from the one being used.

I knew it looked stretched on the site, and it's all because the header images I sent you were ones I had uploaded on photobucket, and as I've currently a free account with them, I've found out the image size is restricted to 1024x768.

The images I originally created were longer than 1024, so photobucket resized them all. Uploading them to the forum had resized the photobucket size to the original size I made them, creating the stretched and grainy look.

Hopefully this should look a lot better matey!

EDIT: The image size posted seems a little smaller than the original I have, so now I've added the original in the .zip file attached.

Last edited:
Thats clearer zippy, you da man m8.

This is not a criticism...but why no underground logo, I kind of miss it. maybe even in the satelite or something.

While its much clearer it is 120K that on a mobile phone takes an age to load.

Is there no way we can make it smaller but preserve the quality to a decent level ?

Regards
Mickie

Has to be a .gif file. gif isn't the best quality but good for web pages.

As I've found out that the current .gif one being used has been compressed by photobucket(bad photobucket! lol) then resized by the forum, making it grainy, I'll save it as a good quality .gif and post it here as a .zip file in it's original image size and hopefully it will look ok.

Thats clearer zippy, you da man m8.

This is not a criticism...but why no underground logo, I kind of miss it. maybe even in the satelite or something.

I could put the underground logo on the back of the satellite, but I can't guarantee that it would look like the underground logo. I could give it a go mate.

What do you think Mickie?

Happy that members want to help with these things.

I managed to get your jpg down to 26k lol but it still looks grainy.

With more and more iphones and android phones on web tariffs it is important to try and keep the load times down.

I browse DW on my phone as I do not like tapatalk - and I think its fine reading websites on the desire without any apps :)

And its good to keep the load times down.

Regards
Mickie

While its much clearer it is 120K that on a mobile phone takes an age to load.

Is there no way we can make it smaller but preserve the quality to a decent level ?

Regards
Mickie

This is my original sized logo, saved as a .gif file. Hope this fits the bill.

If this is still too big, we might need to think of thinning the image down, i.e. no binary, plainer DW text, etc. The more colours/shades/images/etc you add, the greater the size. And because the logo is full length, that adds to the file size.

The way round this would be to use the original light blue striped background and work round that, as that's the forum skins background.

Last edited:
I got the 120K down to 45K what you think ???

Back