DVD Reading & Writing Problem on Laptop

SyXx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got this tsstcorp cdvdw ts-l633A drive on my laptop that's decided to not read or write dvds, I've never actually used it to read or write dvds before.

Got it for work summer 09, had vista on it - i put xp on it that day and just used it for emails/net and burning music.

Wanted to stick windows 7 on it so the IT dept @ work stuck an iso on usb stick for me it and tried to burn it onto a dvd but the drive doesnt even recognise the media letalone allow me to write to it. I had a Vista backup partition on the hard drive so i activated that on the off chance it was a driver issue. Same problem, although it reads and writes cds fine.

Every firmware I can find for this model wont install, says not compatible for my drive even though it's that exact model.

I have since put XP back on the machine.

It's an Acer Aspire 7730

Annoying me, any ideas?

Have you tried other dad's in there mate? Checked the model and it certainly is a dvd writer. Maybe theres dust on the sense but that doesn't explain why it read cd's

Have you tried other dad's in there mate? Checked the model and it certainly is a dvd writer. Maybe theres dust on the sense but that doesn't explain why it read cd's

i think what The Dentist was trying to say was:

Have you tried other DVD's in there mate? Checked the model and it certainly is a dvd writer. Maybe theres dust on the LENS but that doesn't explain why it read cd's

Back