dvd drive fails to open

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi got 2 drives in my pc, a dvd rom drive which is fine and opens and closes when i press the button, i also have liteon ihas drive, the tray opens after about 3 or 4 presses odf the eject button....i swapped the drives around thinking it may be the bay its in but still the same...is this hardware issue or possibly the ihas drive needs the latest burnermax fw ?....it reads/writes perfectly...any ideas..? ta

probably an issue with the mechanism. maybe try cleaning the inside of the drive around the cogs and the track.

i can hear the drive trying to open.....it makes a little clunk noise like its hitting something, eventually after 3rd or 4th attempt it opens ...ill try cleaning it..

i know it's the not the answer, but it works for me.

when i click eject and hear that clunk (try to open) i hit the front tray (well back fist it) and it opens every time.

another way to bypass it is, once it's open, ALWAYS leave a disc in and it will open every time.

Could this not be the same issue as 360 drives where the drive belt needs replacing? Sounds like the same symptoms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back