DVD drive re-assembly

diversaint

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm probably clutching at straws here. I have a Toshiba satellite and the DVD multi drive ceased functioning, wouldn't read. I removed and stripped down and now it works lovely BUT there are several tiny little bits of plastic and springs within the opening mechanism, which sprang out and obviously I have not re-installed correctly because the eject button does not work. I have to access the tray with a paper clip. As I said, it all works perfectly apart from this. Does anybody know where I might get a schematic that shows how these various little springs etc should be installed. I have tried Toshiba. The model is GSA T20N and is problematic apparently.

It is very doubtful that you will get a schematic for drive. The product is made by LG so maybe they might help. Don't bank on it though! You can get a replacement for about £19.99 on fleabay or maybe replace it with another model as this one seems to have a troubled history.

Check out the link but make sure it is correct for your lappy as they were made for numerous acer's as wel as a whole host of other lappy manufactures models.

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACER-ASPIRE-2920Z-1A2G12MI-GSA-T20N-DVD-RW-DRIVE-7336-/290495832685?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_LaptopDrives&hash=item43a2e6a26d]ACER ASPIRE 2920Z-1A2G12MI GSA-T20N DVD-RW DRIVE :)7336 on eBay (end time 03-Mar-11 13:04:14 GMT)[/ame]

Back