Using XBC with orignal 360 drive

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Use CloneCD to create iso

Taken off 360 forum, posted original link too. Not my work, I just copied it across. Props to the guy who wrote it.

http://xbox360iso.com/showthread.php?t=65688

Here it is...Working perfectly with my sammy drive. Will test later with BenQ and Lite-On

Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Link
Code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8YX583DZ

A XBC Release intended to handle the new iXtreme 1.6 0800 mode

Removed - Support for previous Xtreme ripping firmwares
Removed - Stealth Check Buttons - Use agbx360
Changed - Stealth Check Report - PFI Wave X Date match removed
Changed - Named check mark on options tab as "ISO Check"
to reflect it is not a "Stealth Check" anymore
Added - Ability to lock game partition before ripping
Added - Ability to detect iXtreme firmware spoofing
Added - [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]Support[/color][/color] for iXtreme 1.6 Samsung
Added - Support for iXtreme 1.6 BenQ
Added - Support for iXtreme 1.6 Liteon
Added - Support for iXtreme 1.6 Hitachi
(Note: Hitachi is untested and awaiting a firmware release)

Due to an issue that affects the Liteon ix16 it is advised that you start
XBC without a DVD in the drive.

*** NOTE ***
This build of XBC does not support older Xtreme ripping firmwares
(Kreon drives are still supported though). Checking verbiage/intent removed, XBC only does limited checking. Use abgx360(info) at http://abgx360.net for more thorough Stealth Checking

Official Site: (n/a By Redline99)
News-Source: xbins.org

Now on with the Tutorial:

Step 1: Download the above "Coded" File above

Step 2: Open the directory you downloaded it to and Right Click "xbox backup creator.exe" Move your Mouse to "Send To" and then click "Desktop (create shortcut)". This will give you easy access to XBC next time you want to use it.

Step 3: 0800 Mode----First off, Plug in the Sata Cable to your Via VT6421a PCI Sata Card just as you would when flashing. You can put your Xbox 360 drive is 0800 Mode by 1 of 2 ways.

3a) Using Xbox to power drive: Power on Xbox 360. Push eject button to elect drive. After tray is ejected, Unplug the power wire from the back of the drive. Here is a picture of the power cable. Blue arrow points to power wire. Push tray in about half way and plug cable back in. Your Green light in the middle of the Ring of Light will most likely be flashing steadily.

---->Note<-----Making sure you don't plug it in upside down. Plugging in upside down will FRY your drive.------>NOTE<------

powerwire.jpg

3b) Using a Connectivity Kit to power drive: Eject tray, turn power off, push tray in half way and turn power back on.

halfway.jpg

Step 4: Open Device Manager. You can get to Device Manager a couple different ways. First way is definitely the easiest, but not always an option. I have 3 computers with WinXP and Option 1 is only on 1 of my computers. I have to use Option 2 for the other 2 comptuers.

4a) Right Click "My Computer" from Desktop or Start Menu and Click on Device Manager

4b) Open Control Panel. Click on "Administrative Tools" Then "Computer Management" Then "Device Manager"

Step 5: Double Check your Drive is in 0800 Mode.

Click the + (Plus sign) where the red arrow points to. IF you see your drive, then it's in 0800 mode. If you don't see your drive there, then Right Click where the BLUE ARROW is and click on "Scan for Hardware Changes" Windows should find your drive now. If you still don't see it, adjust where the tray is by pushing in or pulling out a little and Click "Scan for Hardware Changes" until Windows find your drive.

devicemanager.jpg

Step 6: After your Drive is in 0800 Mode....Open XBC

Step 7: Click Drop down box to change to your Xbox 360 Drive

changetoyourxboxdrive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Step 8: Click Start

clickstart.jpg

Step 9: Choose Directory for where you want it ripped to and name it. Red Arrow is where you name it. Click the Blue arrow to choose where you want it ripped to.

choosewheretosave-1.jpg

Step 10: Finished
I have ripped 3 games so far and they took about 12 minutes or so. After it's done ripping, run the iso file thru ABGX360 to make sure the iso is ok before burning. Here is a link for ABGX if you don't already have it.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Code:

Step 8: Click Start

clickstart.jpg

Step 9: Choose Directory for where you want it ripped to and name it. Red Arrow is where you name it. Click the Blue arrow to choose where you want it ripped to.

choosewheretosave-1.jpg

Step 10: Finished
I have ripped 3 games so far and they took about 12 minutes or so. After it's done ripping, run the iso file thru ABGX360 to make sure the iso is ok before burning. Here is a link for ABGX if you don't already have it.

Code:

Code:

Make sure you dont have anydvd running in the background as it can corrupt the backup (abgx options tab click check for anydvd style corruption)

Back