How To Read liteon Keys With Maximus - 360 Xtractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irlam

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just thought id post this info i found out before spoofing my liteon drive

Maximus - 360 Xtractor.

Maximus - 360 Xtractor Reader Beta 0.10.

Intherim Release, this functionallity will be added to Fw Toolbox soon.

WHAT IS IT ?
----------
Graphical tool to allow read keys from Lite On / Benq Drives
It supports USB key dumping if using with an 360 Xtractor Tool
Also contains bonus feature as NO-SLAX ModeB command
Can work with 360 xtractor tool or other (homemade max323) adapters,
even rival tools are welcome.

MAIN FEATURES:
---------
- Key reading on Liteon Benq Drives.
- key.bin/identify.bin/inquiry.bin file generation.
- Allow ORIGINAL / CLONE detection for 360 Xtractor Tool (R.I.P. D.France).
- BONUS FEATURE: Send ModeB command to All Hitachi Drives (even 78/79) NO SLAX REQUIRED.

NSTALLATION:
---------------
- Unzip contents on the folder you like, make sure the folder has write permissions. since some small temp files could be generated by application on that folder.

HOW TO USE:
------------------
- This application rely on Legacy Mode or IDE-SATA adapter to be able to send/receive data from the drive, Legacy Mode it could or could not be supported by your PC Bios once enabled the OS will see sata channels as if where regular IDE channels.

- Once you setup Legacy Mode or IDE-SATA adapter you should choose the IDE Port (Primary Master/Primary Slave or Secundary Master/Secundary Slave) according to the sata channel you have attached the Drive, you could simply click on "SEND IDENTIFY ATAPI" button so if you get the Drive response then its the proper channel.

- Liteon Drives should be powered on with tray half opened, I would recommend follow this great tutorial from devils360 h**p://www.devilsps3.centelia.net/360/?p=7
you also should choose the com port that is used to comunicate with the drive.

- To Read liteon Keys just click on "Key Read" Button, keys will be displayed

- To Save Files just click on "Get Key And Files" and files will be generated and you will be asked for location of the files

- To Put a Hitachi drive in ModeB just click on ModeB button, make sure the attached drive is a Hitachi, this command will be rejected for other brand of drives, this feature is useful on Hitachi 78/79 to avoid SLAX booting.

- Dont use this tool to mess with Other (Windows Visible) drives or dvd roms, sending eject/load commands to windows controlled drives could work but if you disturb windows control over them horrible things could happen. My advice is keep a channel for the "non-visible" drives it could be Primary or the Master, and leave the other for Windows controlled drives

Direct hacking on the Lite-on Drives is not possible at this moment, but something will appear soon. At this moment the only possibility you have for Lite-on drives is to replace them with another brand drive (Benq, Samsung, Hitachi), with a technique known as spoofing. Basically you will make appear other drive as if it was a Lite-on.

Read the 360Xtractor Manual In The File Below For More Info.

Also ive found drives available here. (not to shure about the price of postage though)

h**p://www.etech4sale.com/351125/philips-vad6038-model-1650v-xbox360.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back