DVB-T aerial polarization?

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My DVB reception has never been great and i assumed it was cause i had a very old little aerial.

i went an got a new aerial a few weeks back and fitted it but the picture signal is still the same leaving me to believe one of the following is the issue.

1). polarization of aerial. the polarization for the transmitter that i am closest too is Vertical. I'm not sure what polarization is what with the aerial. a picture of the aerial current polarization is below. Is that the correct polarization for vertical?
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 21.19.53.png

2). Cabling damaged.

3). trees affecting the signal

thanks will change and see if there is an improvement.

2 Easy answers:

Horizontal polarisation = Main transmitter group

Vertical polarisation = Relay Transmitter group

goto digital uk and find out if your transmitter that you get your signal from is either a main or relay

2 Easy answers:

Horizontal polarisation = Main transmitter group

Vertical polarisation = Relay Transmitter group

goto digital uk and find out if your transmitter that you get your signal from is either a main or relay

Im in ireland not the UK. the only info i can find about the transmitter is in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 12.04.48.png

i should of probably added that the fourth possible cause of the issue is a crappy tuner. currently using a PS PlayTV tuner in my Solo2

the picture tells you everything polarisation is Vertical and so your aerial installation should also reflect this

the picture tells you everything polarisation is Vertical and so your aerial installation should also reflect this

yes i know this, my question was which way is vertical as it does not state any where on the aerial documentation which way is what.
@Spectre has already clarified the way i had it was horizontal and i will rectify this shortly and keep ye posted.

Just outta curiosity, where did you find out it should horizontal or vertical on digital uk as i can't see that... Cos i think mines might be the wrong way round too...

Back