Dvb monkey

if anyone who has received them from DVB MONKEY can you check at the bottom of the box in the air vents if you have an ORANGE PCB inside, they are shite, cut your losses and get somewhere else, the power supplies die, there is alot of faulty components to do with the power management inside the box ive had 1 go up in smoke quite litterally on me, the power supply packs themselves die constantly, had alot of them boxes just not work at all, remotes dont work with them, they are just totally pish, open them up you will see most of the stuff is hand soldered

edit: after looking at site i just saw this

http://www.dvbmonkey.com/images/DM500C_inside.jpg

STAY AWAY FROM THESE BOXES !!!

PENG an ex-recommended wholesaler from here is selling the exact boxes, i had 5 DOA and 5 die after 3 hours or use, and no, paypal doesnt favour you...

I ran into same sort of problem with DVB Monkey too. They do respond, but the delivery took around one month. They are absolute joke. I ordered from another site which is very reliable and delivered with 3-4 days. Here's the link:

dreambox 500c,dm500c

Very good communication too. I ordered three boxes for my friends too and the delivery charge was £15 for all three together.

Highly recommended

hello,

was the remote and power supply included? or did u have to buy them seperate?

if anyone who has received them from DVB MONKEY can you check at the bottom of the box in the air vents if you have an ORANGE PCB inside, they are shite, cut your losses and get somewhere else, the power supplies die, there is alot of faulty components to do with the power management inside the box ive had 1 go up in smoke quite litterally on me, the power supply packs themselves die constantly, had alot of them boxes just not work at all, remotes dont work with them, they are just totally pish, open them up you will see most of the stuff is hand soldered

edit: after looking at site i just saw this

http://www.dvbmonkey.com/images/DM500C_inside.jpg

STAY AWAY FROM THESE BOXES !!!

PENG an ex-recommended wholesaler from here is selling the exact boxes, i had 5 DOA and 5 die after 3 hours or use, and no, paypal doesnt favour you...

i think it's the plugs they send them with, if u change the plug from the chinese style + travel plug to an english style plug with a figure 8 connection, it works sound - i decided to change the plug when i started seeing sparks coming off the travel plug!!!

not a chance, what about the 5 boxes that didnt actually work? i test the boxes with my own power pack so no its not the power pack, i havent got from dvb monkey so not sure about the travel adapters they use but 20quid says theres no fuse in it, thats why u see sparks, the boxes themselves are FUCKED lol wouldnt touch them..., they used to be OK they have just been getting worse and worse this past 2 months, used to get them with power packs that let you put any figure of 8 lead into them, now they come moulded in with the chinese style, the power pack is massive compared to the old one, and they still break ffs

honestly guys stay away from these boxes they arnt worth the hassle

i'm not arguing the fact that u where the unlucky person who ends up gettin the crap from them, but i have only got 2 boxes so far from them, and other than the sparks they've worked sound. must be a loyal customer thing, u buy 5 dud boxes & the 6th is gold plated!

gotta garee the pictures of the m/b in the pics are rubbish

the last box i had off peng the colour of the external box had changed, but the mb was the same as before and seems ok.....

what are dvb seller selling these days??

i have also just orderd one from peng so ill let you know what its like :)

i'm still waiting for another box bought 2 had one last week but other been a bit slow 4 weeks the sods[MAD][/MAD]

loyal customer no chance ive been buying constantly from peng for a few years now, i started getting the odd bad power supply and now they are just cheap rubbish, changed supplier now all is well, you will notice the boxes are a dark blue instead of light blue, thinner cardboard used aswell, look at the bottom of the scart socket u will maybe notice solder all over it or looks like its been burnt, that is from the solder bath flowing over it, just badly made boxes m8

Peng is a cheeky ruthless **** who will no longer get my business, constantly changing his prices and slow shipping, the packaging is always too flimsy and end up getting bashed around in post, does **** all to help you if there is an actual box fault, wants you to send the box back to him for "repair"

does nothing to keep your custom either

Just a waste of time, don't trust this guy, don't buy from him.

Because of the delay with the shipping, I requested a full refund (twice) according to their T&C. I only managed to receive an answer after going through Paypal resolution centre. After that a non existent tracking number was sent to me. I replied to the email saying that I thought it was a joke, and that I just wanted my money back. After 5 mins this Seiko guy - that on previous phone calls told me he was only acting as customer service in UK for DVB Monkeys - told me that the had been very busy to answer my previous emails (!!!) and another big pack of excuses and apologies. When I told him that I just wanted my money back he got upset and he said he couldn't process the refund online because of the ticket I opened with Paypal (rubbish...) and that he would have called Paypal the following day (today) to sort it out, because at 5pm UK time Paypal was closed (more rubbish, they are open until 10pm UK time) and then he couldn't call.

Anyway, almost 4 weeks now and I'm still waiting for my refund. I think this guy is just an amateur full of lies.

I strongly recommend to avoid buying from him if don't want to risk wasting time and money.

Last edited:
As for dvd monkey, I ordered on 13th November and got an email with tracking number yesterday and a call from customs today saying I had to pay £12 to get 2 boxes released.

I will let you know the mb colour, any power supply issues or any other info when I get them on Monday.

I've had a few from dreamboxs&phones4u, good quality, no probs as mentioned above,
£95 including del, i use one myself and its been running for 12months no probs

Man I wish I had seen this thread before ordering a dreambox from them. I only ordered it a few days ago, so not got much to complain about at the moment.

Will keep you guys informed as to what happens, but right now I am about to order a genuine box as can't be asked to mess about with these clones. Hopefully it does a little service, but there are two official distributors in the uk and rather fork out the cash for a genuine one after seeing all the problems with these clones.

hi i bought a few boxes for my family..........big family took four weeks but the boxes came maybe it was the threats of going to china but the came

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS JOKER

Received a dead 500c after 2 weeks, with incorrect remote control.
The PCB looked like it had been soldered by a 3 year old.

Sent back package to HK at my own expense (£20).

The cheeky twat did process a paypal refund, but this effectively waived my right to claim my postage back as it apparently prevents any paypal resolution

When i emailed him, he said he had lost out on postage costs as well !!

I'm down £20, but hopefully this thread will help to put this clown out of business.

I only wish i'd started this thread when this happened the other month. Maybe it would have deterred a few of you.
I've also had good service from DVB seller.

Glad I saw this thread before I ordered a replacement Dreambox for an old aging DBOX. Decided to go to trusted DVBseller. Got. 1.5 exchange rate against the dollar as they are China based. Ordered last Monday and received box Saturday morning (thats 5 days instead of 7-10 standard shipping). Cost £80 in all with delivery.

Box quality seems fine apart from a wonky serial RS232 com port. Can't see any Orange PCB's and flashed and works fine! Obviously not as good as a dream Multimedia DM500C from Germany (Have one of these to) but can't complain at the service.

The only other time I brought a clone box from China, I noticed the power adapter was a different voltage, the sound buzzed and the NIC interface didn't work.

Two days more gone, and no money back yet... I wonder if this con has been put behind the bars again as he was claiming last week... just hope this time it's gonna be for a looooong time. No doubts his reputation is going down the sink, which I think it's well deserved.

Today is the deadline Paypal has given this clown to let them know what's going on, after that hopefully I'm gonna have my mone back, otherwise I will have to start pesting them with phone calls.

Any suggestions on some good, honest online retailer where to buy a 500S without waiting a lifetime to receive it?

Last edited:
i always buy from linuxsat uk seller always next day delivery prices are little higher then chinese companies but worth the service. Great seller also has good feedback from other forums and google.

Bloody hell..i wish i`d read these posts before i sent for mine..
i sent on the 1st Dec..i`ll let you know when i get it..and if it works..

nice to see this thread back on, they are in china, they are above the law basically as we all know lol they will continue to sell to unsuspecting customers, you can only advice people among the forums..

dont go near any of Peng's products or DVB-monkey, basically look at the bottom through the vents if there is a orange pcb, bin it, they have all sorts of problems

Right I got my order from Dvbmonkey and all are fine, looked exactly as previous dm500c, green mothrerboard not orange one, figure of 8 power supply, travel adapter says 13A fuse on the bottom.

I am not doubting what Plexo said about Peng bxes as I have never used Peng but I just thought I would let those that wanted to know that what I got from Dvbmonkey....I am happy with.

Back