Dummy.bin is missing some drive info

woodchin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade a LiteOn from 1.5 to 1.51
I have been following the JF tut.
Drive half open run JF select DVD Key32, check info.
Press Dummy from iXtreme.
Saves key.bin, inquiry.bin, identify.bin but when I try and save dummy.bin I get a message telling me that "Dummy.bin is missing some specific drive information" and won't load it.

I have the original 1.5 files (inquiry, keys, identify & dummy) I tried loading these via 'Load from dump files' but get a similar message telling me data will be missing.

Any ideas much apreciated.

Woody

if you can , try using jungleflasher 0.0.26 Beta, load the inquiry, identify and key files into the 'load from dump files', this will then save a new dummy.bin for you. then choose 'open target firnware' . choose the new lite-on iextreme 1.51 firmware.

Then click spoof source to target. hacked firmware will save as Lite_CFW.bin.

flash that firmware to your Lite-on. Job done. I know this works as i have done with my Lite-on

Thanks for replying.
Just done this, turned the 360 on and it says 'open tray' with a game in.
I can't get it to play anything

Just replaced the liteon with a benq and it flashed perfectly, must be something wrong with the liteon.

hmm, thats odd, if you have time i would try putting your 1.5 firmware back on the lite-on see if that kicks it back into life

if you can , try using jungleflasher 0.0.26 Beta, load the inquiry, identify and key files into the 'load from dump files', this will then save a new dummy.bin for you. then choose 'open target firnware' . choose the new lite-on iextreme 1.51 firmware.

Then click spoof source to target. hacked firmware will save as Lite_CFW.bin.

flash that firmware to your Lite-on. Job done. I know this works as i have done with my Lite-on

Woodchin, dont.

If JungleFlasher says some of your serial data ismissing, then, there is some serial data missing.

If you read the message fully, i tells you how to fix it also.

Its not vital, but, as I said in #JungleFlasher today....

01[11:13] <@Oggy> Yup, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

I tried what it suggested, (tick advanced, Select serial sub tab in source tab then double click on serial data) but there was nothing there just a blank field.

Cheers Oggy,

I ran the DSDBFixer and found the following errors

Error on OPT Serial Data Check: OPT sn data looks incomplete (in red)
Error on PCB Serial Data Check: Footer PCB sn not found (will be automatically fixed) (in orange)
Error on PCB Serial Data Check: PCB sn data looks incomplete (in red)

Sorry, actually using DSB fixer means nohing to me, I always dumped 01ff00 data.

Never mind, I have a benq working in it now.

Thanks for your help any way.

Back