Dummies guide to setting up Vu+

fasda

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not many guides on the VU+ out there, and this is the best i have seen. If i get a VU+solo, (if it's ever released) this is where i am starting.

These instructions are for Dream Elite Image, other images Green & Yellow buttons might be configured slightly different.

1. Install image.
Download a USB image file, eg Dream Elite from

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads.php

Unzip the vuplus folder to the root directory of a USB Pen Drive.
Power off Vu+ with switch on the back
Insert USB Pen Drive into the USB socket on Vu+
Power on Vu+
Image will auto install from the USB Stick.
Look at the display on the receiver, it'll display when the update has finished.
Remove the USB Stick
Power off receiver.
Power on Receiver.

Image is now installed.

2. Network
Connect an Ethernet LAN cable from your router to your Vu+ Ethernet port.
Press Menu
Select Set Up
Select System
Select Network
Select Network w i z a r d and press OK.

3. Setup Motorised Dish using USALS
First get your longitude & latitude info from multimap.com
Enter your post code into multimap.com and you'll get the correct LON & LAT info for your location.
Example if I enter the following UK postal code: SE1 6JZ
I get the following LON & LAT:
LON: 0.104 WEST
LAT: 51.497 NORTH

Press Menu
Select Setup
Select Service searching
Select Tuner configuration
Select Tuner A and press OK

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude: input the info from multimap
Latitude: input the info from multimap

Press OK to save.

Press Menu
Select Setup
Select service searching
Select Positioner Setup
Select goto 0 Press RED Button

Dish should now go to 1w.

4. Download Channel List
Press Green Button
Press Yellow Button (Addons)
Select Addon Download Manager
Select Enigma2 Settings
Select Likra E2 Setting Motor and press OK.

5. Install cam
Press Green Button
Select Addons Download Manager Press OK
Select Image Cams Press OK
Select the cam you want to install and press OK

6. Activate cam
Press Blue button.
Use Left & Right Keys to select an installed cam and press OK.

This is enough to get you started, the fun starts learning the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not many guides on the VU+ out there, and this is the best i have seen. If i get a VU+solo, (if it's ever released) this is where i am starting.

These instructions are for Dream Elite Image, other images Green & Yellow buttons might be configured slightly different.

1. Install image.
Download a USB image file, eg Dream Elite from

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads.php

Unzip the vuplus folder to the root directory of a USB Pen Drive.
Power off Vu+ with switch on the back
Insert USB Pen Drive into the USB socket on Vu+
Power on Vu+
Image will auto install from the USB Stick.
Look at the display on the receiver, it'll display when the update has finished.
Remove the USB Stick
Power off receiver.
Power on Receiver.

Image is now installed.

2. Network
Connect an Ethernet LAN cable from your router to your Vu+ Ethernet port.
Press Menu
Select Set Up
Select System
Select Network
Select Network w i z a r d and press OK.

3. Setup Motorised Dish using USALS
First get your longitude & latitude info from multimap.com
Enter your post code into multimap.com and you'll get the correct LON & LAT info for your location.
Example if I enter the following UK postal code: SE1 6JZ
I get the following LON & LAT:
LON: 0.104 WEST
LAT: 51.497 NORTH

Press Menu
Select Setup
Select Service searching
Select Tuner configuration
Select Tuner A and press OK

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude: input the info from multimap
Latitude: input the info from multimap

Press OK to save.

Press Menu
Select Setup
Select service searching
Select Positioner Setup
Select goto 0 Press RED Button

Dish should now go to 1w.

4. Download Channel List
Press Green Button
Select Addon Download Manager
Select Enigma2 Settings
Select Likra E2 Setting Motor and press OK.

5. Install cam
Press Green Button
Select Addons Download Manager Press OK
Select Image Cams Press OK
Select the cam you want to install and press OK

6. Activate cam
Press Blue button.
Use Left & Right Keys to select an installed cam and press OK.

This is enough to get you started, the fun starts learning the rest.

Dummies guide to setting up Vu+ by Lee Goldwafers.com May 17th 2010.

excellent tut m8,

Can this box work with a normal sky dish? if so how many FTA channels will you receive if you don't have anyone to cardshare with? does anyone recommend any pay servers for this box so I can get all the channels.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Works just fine with a Sky dish and you get loads of FTA channels if you do a scan 28.2.
As far as servers are concerned its better if you set your own up with a few friends sharing the cost

Works just fine with a Sky dish and you get loads of FTA channels if you do a scan 28.2.
As far as servers are concerned its better if you set your own up with a few friends sharing the cost

Hi just to be absolutely clear, do i search for 28.2E for Port A and Port B? What about the values in "Set Voltage and 22KHz? Send DiSEqc only on satellite change?

Hi just to be absolutely clear, do i search for 28.2E for Port A and Port B? What about the values in "Set Voltage and 22KHz? Send DiSEqc only on satellite change?

If your running a dual quad lnb on the old sky digi dish then you don't need diseqc.

As for running a search to scan the VU usually picks a port if your selecting one it doesn't matter which port there both aimed at the same sat.

If your running a dual quad lnb on the old sky digi dish then you don't need diseqc.

As for running a search to scan the VU usually picks a port if your selecting one it doesn't matter which port there both aimed at the same sat.

Hey thanks for the reply.
In simple terms i had two feed cables going in from the back into my Sly+HD box. So i've now slotted those cables into the back of my VU+ Solo2.
Are you saying that i don't need to configure tuner A and B and all i need to do is a search for channels?

In simple terms i had two feed cables going in from the back into my Sly+HD box. So i've now slotted those cables into the back of my VU+ Solo2.
Are you saying that i don't need to configure tuner A and B and all i need to do is a search for channels?

No

Do it like this

Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config

Simple
Single 28e

No need for Diseqc or voltage

Do the same for tuner a and b as with your setup its like its running 2 separate LNB.

Tuner A and Tuner B does not mean the same thing as Tuner A with Diseqc which will also give your port A and port B. I have attached pictures of both settings.

If you have two cables from a 28.2 dish and two tuners, set both tuners as

Configuration mode-------Simple
Mode--------------------Single
Satellite-----------------Astra 28.2
Send Diseqc------------- no

Also, consider installing Lraizer's Auto Bouquets or the Auto Bouquets Maker (if not already built into the image). Sly-like bouquets in two minutes.

Attachments

• single lnb single tuner.jpg
    single lnb single tuner.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 21
  • diseqc on single tuner.jpg
    diseqc on single tuner.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
thanks both that's really helpful.
I'm going to figure out how to install Auto Bouquets. I have the blackhole image already on the box...

Hi guys, sorry i'm being a pain. I've just set up the tuners as above and did an auto scan. lots of channels were found, but how do i view them? I can't seem to view them..

Hi guys, sorry i'm being a pain. I've just set up the tuners as above and did an auto scan. lots of channels were found, but how do i view them? I can't seem to view them..

Press the Bouquets button

Then press the green button for satellites

Youll see three folder your channels are in there mate.

hey thanks mate. In Satellites i have 4 folders. "Current Transponder", Astra etc etc - Services", " " " - Providers" and " " " - New" - what's the difference?

hey thanks mate. In Satellites i have 4 folders. "Current Transponder", Astra etc etc - Services", " " " - Providers" and " " " - New" - what's the difference?

Services are the channels
Providers its a list of channels from one provider or more.
New These are channels found after a fresh scan.

need a bit of advice guys,, going to have a go at flashing for first time but its a vu+ solo clone and not sure whats a safe image to use on this, from TS panel i can download images but not to sure if these are ok for clones

Thanks Abu - that helps, but i'm not able to get it right.
I FTPd CCcam221_full_E2_bh.tgz to the tmp dir, changed the permissions to 755 and renamed to Cccam.cfg
Then go to Manually install BH packages and nothing was in it. I even tried Manually Install Ipk packages, but nothing in that either....

ok i've managed to install the cam.
What i did was:
FTP CCcam221_full_E2_bh.tgz into var/tmp
so it's installed i hope, now for the sea lion.

need a bit of advice guys,, going to have a go at flashing for first time but its a vu+ solo clone and not sure whats a safe image to use on this, from TS panel i can download images but not to sure if these are ok for clones

no replys so ill take it that it was as a stupid question to ask, ill download image from ts panel and install, thanks

Back