Dummies guide to setting up Vu+

cool do you know where i can get it from?

hi mate, sorry i know i'm gonna come across really stupid now, but i couldn't find anything called TS panel, the closed i found was TS Media? I was looking in the VU Plugins folder....

hi mate, sorry i know i'm gonna come across really stupid now, but i couldn't find anything called TS panel, the closed i found was TS Media? I was looking in the VU Plugins folder....

buddy iv fecked about with this that an the other with this box over last few days (not complaining) my head is fried, im sure it was ts media in the downloads

Something's wrong with my tuner settings.
Next to satellite it says "notihing connected" and i can't change it?
No

Do it like this

Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config

Simple
Single 28e

No need for Diseqc or voltage

Do the same for tuner a and b as with your setup its like its running 2 separate LNB.

my vu+ solo2 doesn't install the image from my usb stick automatically. i followed therse intructions ie unzipped the files onto the usb stick, switched off the solo and switched back on with the usb in it, but nothing happened?
Not many guides on the VU+ out there, and this is the best i have seen. If i get a VU+solo, (if it's ever released) this is where i am starting.

Dummies guide to setting up Vu+

These instructions are for Dream Elite Image, other images Green & Yellow buttons might be configured slightly different.

1. Install image.
Download a USB image file, eg Dream Elite from

Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Unzip the vuplus folder to the root directory of a USB Pen Drive.
Power off Vu+ with switch on the back
Insert USB Pen Drive into the USB socket on Vu+
Power on Vu+
Image will auto install from the USB Stick.
Look at the display on the receiver, it'll display when the update has finished.
Remove the USB Stick
Power off receiver.
Power on Receiver.

Image is now installed.

2. Network
Connect an Ethernet LAN cable from your router to your Vu+ Ethernet port.
Press Menu
Select Set Up
Select System
Select Network
Select Network w i z a r d and press OK.

3. Setup Motorised Dish using USALS
First get your longitude & latitude info from multimap.com
Enter your post code into multimap.com and you'll get the correct LON & LAT info for your location.
Example if I enter the following UK postal code: SE1 6JZ
I get the following LON & LAT:
LON: 0.104 WEST
LAT: 51.497 NORTH

Press Menu
Select Setup
Select Service searching
Select Tuner configuration
Select Tuner A and press OK

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude: input the info from multimap
Latitude: input the info from multimap

Press OK to save.

Press Menu
Select Setup
Select service searching
Select Positioner Setup
Select goto 0 Press RED Button

Dish should now go to 1w.

4. Download Channel List
Press Green Button
Press Yellow Button (Addons)
Select Addon Download Manager
Select Enigma2 Settings
Select Likra E2 Setting Motor and press OK.

5. Install cam
Press Green Button
Press Yellow Button (Addons)
Select Addons Download Manager Press OK
Select Image Cams Press OK
Select the cam you want to install and press OK

6. Activate cam
Press Blue button.
Use Left & Right Keys to select an installed cam and press OK.

This is enough to get you started, the fun starts learning the rest.

Dummies guide to setting up Vu+ by Lee Goldwafers.com May 17th 2010.

on the duo 2 i have two twin tuners which i want to connect to 2 dishes both on 28 east
do i connect the two lnb cables to the top input on both turners & the loop through cable to the two bottom connections or am i doing it wrong?
having problems as only one tuner is able to tune

on the duo 2 i have two twin tuners which i want to connect to 2 dishes both on 28 east
do i connect the two lnb cables to the top input on both turners & the loop through cable to the two bottom connections or am i doing it wrong?
having problems as only one tuner is able to tune

It much better for each tuner to have its own LNB feed that way you can record one watch one etc. Cables to the in connection.

For the price of a dual or quad lnb if your on a sky dish its worth it.

Then setup each tuner

Simple
Single
28e

i have a quad lnb fitted 2 go to a freesat box one goes to the duo input A i then have a motorised dish that is set on 28 east as well conected to input B at the top inputs of the tuners this way i can watch & record or should be able to if i can get lnb B to work
what i would like to know is what inputs on the duo do i connect to is it the top or bottom as i cannot get tuner b to scan when i do scan it does not find anything

sorry if i am not explaining myself properly

It much better for each tuner to have its own LNB feed that way you can record one watch one etc. Cables to the in connection.

For the price of a dual or quad lnb if your on a sky dish its worth it.

Then setup each tuner

Simple
Single
28e

Ok try this setup

Tuner A

Put the static dish on this

Simple
Single
28e

Tuner B

Put the motorised dish on this

Simple
Positioner

Enter your coordinates

Save and reboot

thanks for your help
my problem is where or the rear tuner inputs do i connect to the top or bottom lnb inputs on each tuner

at present i have both lnb s connected to the top input of each tuner with the loop through cable connected across the bottom inputs
but only tuner A is scanning tuner B is not functioning
both tuners are set to simple one sat astra 28e
tuner C & D are at present set to loop-through
are tuner C&D the bottom connections on the tuners? these as i have said have the loop through cable connected to each other

Ok try this setup

Tuner A

Put the static dish on this

Simple
Single
28e

Tuner B

Put the motorised dish on this

Simple
Positioner

Enter your coordinates

Save and reboot

Hook it up to one dual tuner first mate leave the second alone till you figure the first tuner out

Top input single dish
Bottom input usuals

Like this

Attachments

• tunersetup.jpg
    tunersetup.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 12
thanks for help connected to first module only & this worked
however
other problems are i get check tuner error config messages set up tuner config
the tuners set to simple /one sat /astra 28e/ but the channels are grayed out (not there) but then i do a re scan which then finds the channels no problem why is this if i have tuner error?

now i find that only 2 tuners are in the search menu the second tuner C & B is not there any more now where s that gone
this Duo runs very hot the tuners are hot to the touch display on duo says 37 deg c that would cook my chips

thanks for help connected to first module only & this worked
however
other problems are i get check tuner error config messages set up tuner config
the tuners set to simple /one sat /astra 28e/ but the channels are grayed out (not there) but then i do a re scan which then finds the channels no problem why is this if i have tuner error?

now i find that only 2 tuners are in the search menu the second tuner C & B is not there any more now where s that gone
this Duo runs very hot the tuners are hot to the touch display on duo says 37 deg c that would cook my chips

Have you setup like the pic I posted ?

Are the other 2 tuners showing not configured ?

Setup that way first and then when that's right you can move on.

no both tuners on the first tuner module are set to simple one sat 28 east as the motorised dish is not required to move as we only watch astra 28e

the other tuner module C & D do not show up in the tuner config menu anymore
i never had these tuner problem with the old duo

no both tuners on the first tuner module are set to simple one sat 28 east as the motorised dish is not required to move as we only watch astra 28e

the other tuner module C & D do not show up in the tuner config menu anymore
i never had these tuner problem with the old duo

If the tuner is not showing there is a problem either not connecting right in its slot or a image issue.

No issues here mate although I only have a twin and a single tuner.

Back