DSi XL "Acekard" advice..

ToneDeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice with a DSi XL and playing ROM's
trying to get one as a present for someone and don't have a DS myself.

from the other thread on here "what card" it seems the "Acekard 2i" is probably what i want..

i don't have a DS and the person i'll be giving it to isn't particulalry tech savy, is that going to cause issues ?

i'd hoped to just be able to get a card + memory, put some roms on memory then send them both as a present.

would i really need to have the DS with me to get card working updated ?

also can anyone suggest a good/cheap seller there was a couple in other thread but one was sold out and one was shipped form .us.

in your situation acecards are the best option.

its not ideal passing a card on without testing, but you should be ok.

when buying your acecard be sure to buy one that says "1.4.1 ready"

uik dealers are expensive....

for your firmware,

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/254157/

go to post 30, download that firmware....
its packaged in a way you dont need to mess about with it.
just extract to sd card and add your roms....

ps.
alway format your sd card (fat 32) before starting...

Last edited by a moderator:
uik dealers are expensive....

just need somewhere that will deliver before friday next week... got about £15-20

found one a minuet ago that looked promising, was on .co.uk domain but then noticed it was a hong kong based company with 15 day delivery eta...

have a look for acecard2 it doesnt need to be 2i as the akaio is compatable with all acecards we use just the acecard2 in my partners XL

edogg

have a look for acecard2 it doesnt need to be 2i as the akaio is compatable with all acecards we use just the acecard2 in my partners XL

edogg

think that might cause me issues as that card would need updating and isn't there an issue where only old version DS can be used to get it to work with new version ?

think that might cause me issues as that card would need updating and isn't there an issue where only old version DS can be used to get it to work with new version ?

It depends on whether the supplier can update it for you and yes the styli will fit the xl comes with the normal stylus and an large 1 like a pen

edogg

i don't think those stylus will fit in a dsi,they look diffrent.
also i bought i similer pack a while back and they didn't fit it my dsi xl or ds....

@ edogg

don't mean to hijack the thread but can you update the acecard for 1.4 and 1.4.1 firmware the same way as acecard2i?

i know cloned cards dont take the update and i assumed that acecards wouldn't either??

i don't think those stylus will fit in a dsi,they look diffrent.
also i bought i similer pack a while back and they didn't fit it my dsi xl or ds....

@ edogg

don't mean to hijack the thread but can you update the acecard for 1.4 and 1.4.1 firmware the same way as acecard2i?

i know cloned cards dont take the update and i assumed that acecards wouldn't either??

yes we are using a acecard2 updated with an old ds

have ordered and hopefully should arrive soon...

considering buying myself a ds now after seeing the ROM's available might wait and see what happens with the 3D one.. :banana:

as i'm not going to be able to test this myself in a DS before sending it on are there any tips i should pass along ?

e.g
quitting game
rebooting
etc

also do roms need to be named certain ways ?
no symbols or space in file names ?

Edit:
whats with the ROM numbering systems aswell how is it decided ? nearly everywhere i look games have different "numbers" and whats does "xxxx" mean...

Last edited:
all roms are numbered, sort of like a game id, you can use this when searching for roms.

here is a list
DB NDS Start

all roms end in file extension .nds,
you shouldnt rename them at all.
just download, extract and copy across...

i dont know what you nmean by the xxx

i have a few roms which where p[atched for r4i cards where this xxx comes up in the title.

easiest way to reset ds for changing games is to turn it off and on.

got it working fine, ended up taking it over in person, wanted to see it working :D

even more convinced i want a DS now...

Back