Ds lite card slot repair pad lifted

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been replacing my little girls DSlite card slot when a pad lifted clean off inside.
is the pad only for securing the slot down so i could put a drop of hot glue instead ? or is it like an earthing?

ITS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED

Attachments

• 05072011006.jpg
    05072011006.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Was there a metal shell soldered to that? It's been a while since I looked inside one of these.

If it was then it is probably a ground connection, it will most likely work without it but the shell is grounded for EMC reasons usually. You could stick the pad back down if you still have it and solder to that track and via next to where it was.

yeah , the leg soldered to the pad.now i've just realised , there's 17 legs on the replacement card slot and 17 legs on the old one but there's 18 pads on the DS .is this right ?.Inever took much notice when i removed it , if you look at my pic do i leave out the left hand side pad or the right hand side pad ?.

Looking at the picture, I don't think the left-hand pad has any tracks going to it. The one on the right has so I'd leave the one to the left vacant.

right well soldered it back in and tried an original game super Mario and it fired up and plays fine .then i tried my other kids cartridges ACEKARD 2i that work fine and the console doesnt pick them up even after i good clean.am i missing summat ?.

acekards can have contact issue problems.

have a look at this video

YouTube -

the only thing i can think is that the plastic spacers on the original mario cartridge are keeping the pins apart and the ACEKARD without the spacers is bridging a pin.bar that im stumped meself !.

Back