dreambox help

jayjayuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i bought my dreambox off ebay £119 + £11 delivery
it cam preloaded with an image. it seemd ok, the ocasional crash
and it went out of sync but that all ok. however i updated a skin on it, it wouldnt boot up.
so out came dream up n flash wizard, i got the gemini 3.20 image, and it kept freezing the pic, and would restart.
i then put the diorj image 0.3 on there
one morning light was on and wouldnt turn on. so outcame dreamup and flashed it agin with.
then that kept crashing, i found that apparantly this box came with the uk01 image??????
so i got that however couldnt get channels to decode at the time. so i got hold of gemini 3.30 and that kept crashing.
so i got hold of diorj 0.6
that was ok, then it kept crashing again.
now im on the modified uk01 image...... and have these signals:

i found my old booster that i used for freeview. a general booster with it plugged in i get:
SNR 95% - CONSTANT
AGC - 49%
BER - 0

---------WITHOUT IT PLUGGET IN---------
SNR - AROUND 65%
AGC - 55%
BER - 1658880

WHICH IS BETTER?

im running it on a splitter from my 10mb cable modem with a 3m cable.

is it the box????? as i might order a bew one in the new year from dvb sat store:)
thanks

You want BER as low as possible, so the first is better. Keep it attached

You sure thats its an original?as for remotes/holograms these can be copied also.There is a thread on here somewhere showing 2 boxes with lids off and the difference's between the component parts,of an original and fake.
Seems a few people are reporting boxes crashing etc for no apparent reason.

yeah i think its a bit strange, i thought hollograms could be copped etc..... it looks legit

it has a silver phillips tuner :S looking through the top. i dont want to break the seal

its really annoying, ill try the booster and see how it goes, it seems ok with the uk01 image. its wierd how sometimes it wont respond to the remote but the picture is ok, and when the remote doesnt respond nither does the standbye button on the front :(

Should be ok then with phillips tuner,its more than likely your signal.They can take a bit of pissing around to get setup,they certainly aint plug and play imho.

hi ive had a look at the tuner
and it has these codes. could this be the problem?
is it a new tuner?

why the gemini image crashes and the diorj 0.6 does?????
thanks

cu1216l/a h m
sv20 0513
3139 147 19731

would it be woth waiting for the 600???

Last edited:
wit the info i put above, would this explain the crashing of my box?

its restarted toady on uk01 3 times or so in an hour or so.

its really bugging, on another forum a guy bought one form the same seller and has the same problem, could these boxes be faulty or a graded product from the factory???

does anyone have contact details for dream to send it back?

many thanks

If you want to use a gemini max var image you should first erase the flash memory via the latest dreamup universal and a nullmodem cable.
A max var image is using a different flash memory allocation then the other images.

wit the info i put above, would this explain the crashing of my box?

its restarted toady on uk01 3 times or so in an hour or so.

its really bugging, on another forum a guy bought one form the same seller and has the same problem, could these boxes be faulty or a graded product from the factory???

does anyone have contact details for dream to send it back?

many thanks

having similar proplems. mate GRRRRR

was thinking of taking mines back to him as i live in the same city.

ive complained to ebay!!

people should be told these are fake!

off a kevin...... on ebay.....

im not happy :(

Been having the same probs myself people also purchased from Kevin on e-bay e-mailed him no reply was thinkin of takin it up with Paypal at least that way if he does not sort it his Paypal account will be frozen...

However my brother purchased his box 2 weeks before me and his sound goes out but his picture is fine...

Back