Dreambox clone problem

red1973

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having a problem with my Dreambox clone 800se. Just flashed to the newest openatv to make sure the image wasn't causing the problem. The issue is at times it won't clear any channels including FTA even though the box is showing a signal in the infobar. It will then come back out of the blue, maybe some glitching before it settles down again. I had a spare PSU but that didn't solve it, and tried reseating the tuner but the problem still persists.

Are you using it for satellite (ie 28.2) or cable (Virgin)?

I am using satellite connection, connected directly to Lnb.

Can you try another box known to work in replace of your dmm box?

Just to narrow down if problem is related to faulty lnb/cable/sat setup.

The other thing, which obviously thought of, is heat issue, PSU (which you've already replaced) and tuner issue.

I will try another box in the morning just to rule out cables. Think towards a tuner issue, unless the second PSU I had lying around is dodge too.

As a rule of thumb when tuners go the box goes into boot loop. But its worth trying a replacement tuner. Your symptoms could be a mother board issue not suppling voltage to the tuner. Im not sure of the pins to test that theory though so trying another tuner is a good place to start.

Its seems to be working OK at the moment. I noticed there was plastic sheeting on the inside of box which I removed yesterday when I was checking the tuner seating, don't know if this was making it over heat.

Its seems to be working OK at the moment. I noticed there was plastic sheeting on the inside of box which I removed yesterday when I was checking the tuner seating, don't know if this was making it over heat.

Well that would not of help so fingers crossed.

Well the problem is back. I have ordered a new tuner but will take a couple of weeks from China. Ferret if it is the motherboard issue, can it be fixed?

Well the problem is back. I have ordered a new tuner but will take a couple of weeks from China. Ferret if it is the motherboard issue, can it be fixed?

Its knowing where to start mate to be honest, ive 3 se and 1 800hd all not able to supply voltage to the tuner. Ive never got around to trying to fix them.

Was it a similar issue to mine out of curiosity?

Back