Dreambox 800HD Clone Dead?

Trem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, long time no see, I always visit here in my darkest hour :-D

I have a clone DM800HD and for the last few days I have been sleeping in our front room on the sofa (no fall out with the wife I just sleep better there!). Anyway, why I mentioned that is because I have a couple of external fans on the DM and they do my crust in when trying to sleep, so what I did was I unplugged the box. Since doing that it has been in a constant reboot loop, I have tried to update the firmware via the browser but that did nothing, didn't seem to get sent to the box. I also have a replacement tuner which is brand new and installing that made no difference either.

Any ideas? Please treat me like I am a child regarding this, I am competent but it takes a while to sink in.

Thanks in advance.

update the firmware via the RS232 cable that will do it

Thanks for your reply, I am having issues connecting to the box with DreamUp though, it recognises the box in the logs but the progress bar doesn't move. Any ideas or alternative software I can use?

if box in reboot loop surely wont get IP address

are you using dreamup correctly

never fails me

should do hold power button and power up till ip
your not letting it boot are you
unless i am wrong in which case sorry i'll keep my gob shut lol

I have the IP. I have tried everything including different versions of Dreamup and tried flashfxp but that won't connect. Cute ftp was connecting last night but now it won't. I have tried dreamup whilst holding down the power button and turning on and also without holding down the button. Like I said Dreamup sees the Dreambox straight away in the logs but does nothing else after that. I am wondering if I have knackered hardware rather than software.

are you choosing correct comport in dreamup

making sure not using network

What version of dreamup are you using ? Try a newer one or older one as I had the same problem , version 1339 is in the downloads !

What version of dreamup are you using ? Try a newer one or older one as I had the same problem , version 1339 is in the downloads !

I have tried many versions including the one you mentioned, I did a lot of reading and trying before posting for help on here. It has totally baffled me, maybe it is just knackered :(

if you can re flash it m80
try openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130312-sim2-ssl84b (modded) from downloads
if your not on ssl84b
then flash ssl then image then ssl then reboot m80
this image works defo
messed with mine earlier and could not ftp to the box so went back to that image and works fine

dont give up mate

as for images you will try lots that dont work for whatever reason

but you will get there

i have two boxes running but dont agree with same image

best of luck

com port drivers???
I had a similar problem to you with my dm800..it would not work from front usb port as i was using adapter on null modem cable..I changed to back usb port and all was good.prior to that i uninstalled all com port drivers and rebooted and re installed com port drivers.
I flashed with dbuk 2.1.2 all everything was tickerty boo

Last edited:
Cheers lads, I will have another bash tomorrow after work. I am using the proper lead into the proper port on my PC, having said that who knows if everything is ok there. I won't give up and it has gotta be worth the hassle after watching stuff on a spare Open Box we have, it is not user friendly to say the least.

Back