Dreambox 50HDPVR Problem

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Hope someone can give of advice please.

I returned home this evening to find my dreambox front pahel was flashing from the red standby light and the 'oN' light. it did not respond to my Infra Red control so I tried switching it off and leaving it but when I switched back on it was the same. I tested the leads and they were firmly connected so I switch the SKY box lead with the Dreambox lead but it had no effect.

I cannot use tyhe box of course to access my channels and hope that someone can help with this problem, if you can it will be greatly appreciated.

cheers :Wave:

Any external drives USB esata ? If so disconnect and try rebooting.

If not next step would be to try re flashing.

Thanks for helping Ferret I have an external USB drive connected so I will try this and also the re flash if neccessary.

cheers

Tried unmplugging external drive but still would not allow re-boot so looks like a re-flash will have to ask for expert guidance from Dutch when he gets a spare minute or so to get this done.

looks like a reflash good luck mate need any help then just shout.

Hi Ferret the external drive has its own power supply, I used to use it on my PC. Thanks for offer of help and help given to date. I will be waiting to speak with my son Dutcho to see when he can come across to help his old man out.

cheers

Getting a box up and running from scratch is not that difficult mate, if you need any guides and want to try it let us know.

Getting a box up and running from scratch is not that difficult mate, if you need any guides and want to try it let us know.

Hi Ferret this is why they keep technical things away from me in my dotage my son has just replied with this:-

"Yours is a openbox s9 mind not a dreambox, if the unit wont stay on I would need to know a way to flash it as we always use usb ?

Ask on the thread about the cheapest alternative with the same capabilities."

Can you help there?

cheers

So you have a openbox not a 500HD ?

So you want a cheap replacement for the openbox s9

Is that right ?

Told you I was non-technical but thanks for your patience. He has asked for the cheapest way of cirrecting the problem if this means another box then so be it. Can you help there please

Hi Reaching out for help again.

It looks like the box has died we cannot get it to power up so that we can flash it, unless anyone has any suggestions looks like a dead box.

Can anyone suggest another box with the same capabilities please as this one only lasted 1 year.

cheers

Eagle Box HD
Amiko Mini HD
Golden Media Wizard HD

Or why not go proper Linux and get yourself a Dreambox 800SE clone with a A8P sim.

Back