Dreambox 500c Low SNR %

Dream Unlocker

Inactive User
Reaction score
All my channels are fine on my dreambox 500c but my sky sports 1 and 3 freezes and squares appear on the screen all my other channels my snr is 90% and above between 90 -94 percent but on sky sports its 83-88 percent is their anyway to get rid of this problem. i am using a good quality splitter tv to modem .

The signal is low on those transponders. Only way is to boost it with a booster. Or remove the splitter and use the main feed, then you'll know it's a signal problem.

slx booster from argos does the job. You can always take it back if it doesn't work

i put on a technetix forward path equalizer 8db its gone from 86-87 percent 2 89-90 ( SNR ) cant put i cant get my hands on a stronger 1 well i dont know where 2 buy it from.

It's still pretty cheap versus a years subs for SS1 & 3 ;)

That yellow one worked fine for me too.

you can alter the slope and gain to get you SNR% up to around 95%.

also i picked up more channels with it. Some i was unable to get before.

i ll say when doing a channel scan take of the splitters and connect normaly direct and you get more channels then put the splitter back on thats what i do.

The aforementioned argos boosts 20db, go out and get it.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344235/Trail/searchtext>BOOSTER.htm

5344235A63UC135672M.jpg

Last edited:
Having a hard time editing the above message so ...

I usually have mine at about 2/3 full power (on the gain knob) and this turns a 66% feed to 95%.

You will also need a male male aerial cable to go with it.

dont bother with the slx - i spent hours messing with it. Just spend 1 nights beer money on the yellow brick. It boost modem and cable tv (the slx does not). Just read the messages under the thread that I started (referenced above)

Spants

do these lx boosters work or wat have of the people say they work have dont / never mind mins fine now. :banana:

Back