Drain plug blocked RSH5SHMHH fridge freezer

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone know where the drain plug is on samsung RSH5SHMHH fridge freezer?Think it's blocked , as I have a pool of water by freezer door almost evry couple of days? Need to unclog it..ta

What should I do if I suspect my Samsung fridge/freezer is leaking water?

Food particles or other debris can easily get caught in the defrost drain. If this debris builds up it can clog the drain and cause water to leak out or freeze over.

Find out why ice can form on the bottom of your Samsung freezer.

You can find the defrost drain inside your freezer at the back. It is a small hole that is usually located at the bottom of the freezer and can sometimes be hidden behind a plastic or metal panel which can be removed by unscrewing it.

If you believe that the drain is blocked, try to remove any debris manually or flush it out with warm water.

You should also check the drip pan. The drip pan is a tray that can be found at the back of the freezer and is often behind a metal covering. You can access the drip pan by removing the metal covering at the bottom of the fridge/freezer.

Cant defrost got fridge and freezer full of food..there's no drain plug or anything inside , pretty sure its at the back.. gonna try moving freezer forward on lino to get to the back..

The official manual states

You can find the defrost drain inside your freezer at the back. It is a small hole that is usually located at the bottom of the freezer and can sometimes be hidden behind a plastic or metal panel which can be removed by unscrewing it.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well guys after defrosting freezer..I switched it back on , been about 6 hours now, yhr fridge working fine at 1 degree...however the freezer is at 7 degrees, even yhough I've set it at -14 degrees...was working fine before I switched it off...any ideas?
Ta

It's dead mate ..had a bloke look at it..the gas has finished in it...think its reached its end ..had it for 10 years..bloke said he could refill it for 150 quid..bought a bosch 50/50 fridge freezer from currys arriving Friday...👍

Got my other fridge freezer, came Friday, I paid to have the old one recycled but they said its too big..😳
And didn't have time, apparently they have a 6 minute window to deliver new fridge..all it needed was doors to be taken off old one. But they didn't want to do that..need to go instore to get my money back for recycling..

Back