dr linux silence is deafening !!!!!!!!

Hi Guys

I read all your posts after long testing of Latest WO image I had 100% confidence in tm800 using it with USB adaptor internal hard disk and wifi working fully satisfied,The test I did I left over night about 9 hours running and recording I watched recording for few minutes and watched live channel for over one hour this means receiver now working for about 10 hours no lip sink no problem
all I did USB download and used default channels off/on also used c:line.
=====================
I agree with all of you that multimedia is not fully functional,
I understood from tm will be fixed ur team have not stopped working since day one
my suggestion is use latest wo image and do simple download see the result .I am not saying this image is better than dw or ur but testing it for long time
I did not experience freezing blocking re booting lipsink ,I do respect your opinion but it wonders me why I am not getting it that is the reason I asked all of you get to gather in TM Edmonton and with your receivers that will be tested one by one to find out why .
possible it might have hardware fault not all may be 2 or 3 units if otherwise the tm might find solution.
=================
some might not bothered to test wo image but if you want to reduce tm800 problems than should start from some where.
as far as I know and having contact few times a week with tm .I understood tm has the best service possible and up till today has not let down any customers
might take longer but has not given up .Last update of jatag was 11000 units they spent lot for recall and jataging,SO I am sure there will be a fix for multimedia.
=============================
even 2% of buyers of tm800 is about 500 customers it is significant for tm to see and hear all 100% customers are happy this is logical for big company like tm to keep credibility going at any cost .
===================
please itemise your problem one by one in details how it happen after how long by using latest ws image please let me test your problems as if you are next to me.
But please remember do not use sata hard disk for this test only external or internal hard disk USB over 100 to 500 gb do not use USB stick also do not test multimedia.

The test results will be useless because the flashing process does not completely erase old code.

Please fix the flashing process.

In on UR 4th May image with DW transformer applied by the way.

Hi Guys

I read all your posts after long testing of Latest WO image I had 100% confidence in tm800 using it with USB adaptor internal hard disk and wifi working fully satisfied,The test I did I left over night about 9 hours running and recording I watched recording for few minutes and watched live channel for over one hour this means receiver now working for about 10 hours no lip sink no problem
all I did USB download and used default channels off/on also used c:line.
=====================
I agree with all of you that multimedia is not fully functional,
I understood from tm will be fixed ur team have not stopped working since day one
my suggestion is use latest wo image and do simple download see the result .I am not saying this image is better than dw or ur but testing it for long time
I did not experience freezing blocking re booting lipsink ,I do respect your opinion but it wonders me why I am not getting it that is the reason I asked all of you get to gather in TM Edmonton and with your receivers that will be tested one by one to find out why .
possible it might have hardware fault not all may be 2 or 3 units if otherwise the tm might find solution.
=================
some might not bothered to test wo image but if you want to reduce tm800 problems than should start from some where.
as far as I know and having contact few times a week with tm .I understood tm has the best service possible and up till today has not let down any customers
might take longer but has not given up .Last update of jatag was 11000 units they spent lot for recall and jataging,SO I am sure there will be a fix for multimedia.
=============================
even 2% of buyers of tm800 is about 500 customers it is significant for tm to see and hear all 100% customers are happy this is logical for big company like tm to keep credibility going at any cost .
===================
please itemise your problem one by one in details how it happen after how long by using latest ws image please let me test your problems as if you are next to me.
But please remember do not use sata hard disk for this test only external or internal hard disk USB over 100 to 500 gb do not use USB stick also do not test multimedia.

Mate, by using a usb adapter its actaully loss the benefit of SATA speeds so why should I spend money on a decent SATA hdd that I cant use to only connect it with usb adapter? Makes no sense.

In respect of the latest image release I believe there to be no significant improvement.

I cant test recording due SATA issue, feel free to send me a USB adapter! On a serious level though your fooking deluded mate, if you can offer 100% proof that your box is working 100% then you shouldnt put 100% in your response. Send me your box exactly how it is setup and I will tell you if its 100% working the way it should

well i have downloaded the wos image and i had game of thrones recorded on my hdd and it wont play it back keeps freezing and the cogs show for ages. i have to turn the box of at the back to get it workign again - i suppose it's my fault dr linux im doing something wrong !!!!!!!!!

well i have downloaded the wos image and i had game of thrones recorded on my hdd and it wont play it back keeps freezing and the cogs show for ages. i have to turn the box of at the back to get it workign again - i suppose it's my fault dr linux im doing something wrong !!!!!!!!!

Yup, according to Dr Linux your not supposed to test recording to internal SATA hard disc..unless your using USB adaptor.

" But please remember do not use sata hard disk for this test only external or internal hard disk USB over 100 to 500 gb do not use USB stick also do not test multimedia. "

So reading between the lines;

- There is a known SATA issue.
- There are known multimedia issues.

I assume UR TEAM are aware of these and apparently working on them, so no point in testing these until UR confirm the SATA driver / hardware issues are sorted.

I think you will find most people here like all the addons that DW images provide, plugins etc
so asking members to go to a bare image is asking a lot I think

I'm not for 1 minute saying wos image isn't any good as I haven't tried it but from reading past posts I think members like plugins

I could be wrong, its been known lol

the whole idea of a linux based receiver is that the customisation possibilities are pretty limitless, if you can imagine it, and can do it on a computer, then its possible

The DW images use the UR image as its base, fixes from numerous members were implemented (network mounts, Rear USB actuallymappedas USB, and more) as this is what the end users asked for. Plugins were modified to run on the TM800 file structure, and pre-installed to save the end user having to find all of the different 'dependancy' packages, and manually install them

TM/UR should be listening to the 2% (their figures) of people who actually KNOW what the hardware is capable of, thats why they bought it in the first place, instead of listening so hard to the scumbag C: line traders who are the very people destroying the very thing that has always made linux receivers 'special'

If TM wants to be taken seriously in the linux receiver community, it really needs to wake up and listen to the people who are SCREAMING information at them, afterall, its these same people that create the fixes when things do go bad (Oscam for example), as right now, 13 months later, nobody on any forum, except maybe one user, believes a word that TM/UR says about the 'upcoming' images

Hi All

to clear first of all different between sata and USB only good for pc not video recording and play back .
best hard disk is ide 5400rpm not sata 7200,no need of massive cash and fast transfer as we do not need that for video recording
so USB can detect any hard disk as sata not all the time for all brands.most freesat and sly boxes comes with hard disk 3.5 inch not more that 500 gb
also they do not use 2.5 inch .
for short time until UR fix sata best way to use external USB or internal with USB adaptor .
================
in my opinion after download image each time using add-on or plagings or deleting any channel list of any unwanted
it should turn off/on from rear each time.as core and application of nxp chip is written differently to broadloom chip.
nxp is similar to pc example as adding graphic card to pc best is to reboot or off/on for driver to place itself for each add on to pc.
if we treat nxp chip in tm800 similar to pc 90% of problem gets fixed and will not collect data each time.flash and ram has to discharge each time
by off/on from rear.
==============================
I had my tm800 for over 9 month now downloading new image at least 2 to 3 times a week each time from start off/on for each add-on or plagins
have not had any problem except sata.I am sure all your comment are read by ur team is not ignored its matter of time to finish remaining touches
as per my last post please itemise every and each problem I will test one by one and try to help.
abu-baniaz
reply please do as above
==================
gsmtech
sata has issue with all satellite receivers in the market
see topfild-humax-sly-freesat investigate you will find is not only tm800 most brand has this problems
==================
squig007
if you use USB external of with adaptor of about £3 to £4 you will not get any problem or use 160gb max.. internal in most brand no problem
==================
Bally12345
there is no difference in USB and sata for pver recording ide 5400 rpm is the best as all manufacturer of hard disk making hard disk by 99% for pc market they discontinued ide as it was the best for pvr
so you suggestion that sat is better USB not relevent for performance ,get yourself a £3 to £4 usb to sata adaptor and enjoy the pvr until is ready

Lets start with the basics. This box is essentially a small keyboardless PC running Framebuffer instead of X11. The motherboard has a sata disk controller and either the LSI chipset or the device drivers are faulty. Enigma is simply an application running on the box and the problem is with the hardware. This sort of problem should have been tested out before the aplication came anywhere near the box

The problem is that the board does not correctly handshake to the disk.

This has absolutely nothing to do with disk speed as linux buffers data until the disk is ready - in any case I am using a 5400rpm sata disk (not all sata disks are 7200rpm and in any case sata can adjust the speed according to demand up to the quoted maximum). It also has nothing to do with disk size. In various tests I have formatted the disk into a number of partitions and with different block sizes. The ideal for this type of application would be a large block size as recording files are Gb's long and that would reduce the inode numbers.

The theoretical maximum data transfer speed for the cpu and board would be about 295Mb/s, and the sata native command set can adjust the spin speed as I said above provided the board conforms to the sata protocols on handshaking. Using a usb adaptor on a sata disk that is not designed for such use will seriously shorten its life, as it is no longer under the control of linux and will try to write each block as presented - increasing noise and arm movement instead of filling the buffers and performing a single multi-block sweep.

Whilst the required data flow rate is trivial compared to the capacity the cpu is concurrently doing other tasks and so the actual maximum flow is a fraction of the theoretical, and so many blocks are having to be resent because of the handshake error.

Finally, what is this nonsense about turning the box off after refreshing application code or data? A standard software reboot driven by SIG will remove all data from ram, and the tmpfs file structures which contain the operating system and user data are written back to flash then destroyed by shutdown and rebuilt from the nand blocks on reboot.

The one thing you NEVER do to a PC is power off without an orderly shutdown first, and leaving the box powered off has absolutely no value whatsoever.

Instead of asking people to post again, why don't you read through the forum at the many posts of problems and 'to do' threads that people have spent time on over the last year.

PVR is a big thing for this box and it needs sorting PROPERLY so people can just put in a specced drive and be done with it. Not jump through hoops.

DW images have fixes done to them so usb ports and network mounts work properly. Why oh why has this not been fixed in the base image by now as it's been fixed for a while in subsequent DW releases?

Media playback is working but barely. 5.1 tracks don't seem to playback on mkv's and other containers. I don't have a 5.1 setup so don't know if it fails completely, or just on the downmix.

Mediaplayer is pretty basic as well. Shuttle controls etc don't work so it's just play and watch from start to finish without so much as a pause.

Networking seems to be a bit hit and miss for me in last couple of releases. Whether FTP, Telnet of HTTP, it won't always connect on first attempt. Need others to confirm this though.... not you of course because yours works perfectly.

Biggest pain for me at the moment is the volume. There's a post on here already and is visually highlighted by telneting in and using alsamixer to see how pressing volume button on a new channel change resets the volume to a set threshold. Coupled with the difference in volume between SD and HD, it becomes a real pain. If the HD can be seperately detected (which I believe it can) then it should be able to be auto boosted, and neither be reset each time.

Another thing DD's panel does is cleanup all the shit to give a bit more operating space/resources. Again, why is this not done to the base image? You're still including a load of pointless stuff from the Dreambox image you've bastardised which not only bloats the final image size, but adds to compile times.

You're still releasing images for download in the download centre as a bin file (latest WOS for example). With no zip container or published hashes it's allowing the chance of corruption before even installing the bloody thing.

It's been a good 12 months now and promised features still aren't fixed. As a team of developers, does UR not feel embarrased that they still can't get things right. If I was given 12 months to complete a project where the majority of the build is pre-existing software that has to be cobbled together by python, then it would of been done a lot sooner. If drivers are the issue which is then reliant on a contracted chipset supplier, they would've been made to fix them sooner or be sued

And finally, when oh when oh when are you going to stop breaking things that have worked in the previous images

Last edited:
i am using the hardrive that you fitted pal in your office in technomate - so are you saying now that the harddrive i bought and paid for and fitted by technomate is useless now ?

i am using the hardrive that you fitted pal in your office in technomate - so are you saying now that the harddrive i bought and paid for and fitted by technomate is useless now ?

Only until they fix the issue which will be in <insert random number here> months/years time.

Or you go out and spend more money on an adapter which will shut you up. Ring the office and tell them to send you one.

==================
gsmtech
sata has issue with all satellite receivers in the market
see topfild-humax-sly-freesat investigate you will find is not only tm800 most brand has this problems
==================

Not true, even cheap DM800HD clones work flawlessly with SATA internal harddrives for PVR, recording, playback, timeshift all working fine.
I have personally tested this with Samsung, Seagate and Western Digital internal SATA drives.

I also do not see any VU DUO owners complaining about SATA issues.

You really should just admit, you have handled the whole project very badly, and this reciever should never have been released to market until these issues were resolved...UR TEAM are incompetent...You basically tried to release a product on the cheap thinking you can rebadge an IT GATE product, use a cheap untested NXP chipset, modify an existing Dream image with minimal effort..and make big profits..and it's backfired in a big way.

I have been reading this TM Linux Epos for a long time ....tm500/tm600/Tm800...

After reading this whole thread I must say that I'm very Happy. not having bought the TM800HD. So, to be clear, NO I do not own one ....
I'm under the impression that everybody in here is very hard for Dr Linux.
At least he is making his point and reading everything in here and giving his own point of view as do the other members who are trying to report their point of view and troubles.

It would be nice indeed to have some people together with Drlinux at TM centre.
I'm sure some clear answers would come out then...Tm is and has been always very helpfull ...

Why does UR-team does not have their own website/forum like for ex Gemini/newnigma ?

TO sum it up, everyone(distributor,retail,enduser) is a loser in here concerning the TM800HD it seems.
As for the Traders offering preconfigured Boxes with C-Lines(Protek alike ?)
they indeed give the branch a bad name. I must agree that it "seems"
the TM Linux is only sold for that purpose...(Even the Redistributor who sells this to retail market advertises silently it this way, a simple cheap HD box that can do certain things ...)

Anyway,

PS:
This whole TM800HD thing is like a flashback with the QboxHD from Duolabs some 2/3 years ago.
So I can understand why dr linux tries to explain that on other boxes the same problem occur...
At the end I think yr better of with an original DM. Sorry About that !

Back