[DOWNLOAD] OpenPLi-4-Dm800se-sim2-ssl84d-Backup-by-alimac

8gb is relatively small depending on what you plan on doing with it. Do you plan on recording or using timeshift on it?

You did initialise the usb stick via menu didn't you?

I have been using this image for months now and its great, i made the mistake first time of downloading a couple of extra plugins without checking free memory but just reflashed the box and then initialized usb stick ,then moved all my the larger plugins to the usb stick using pluginskinmover which freed up enough space for a few extras,as i said great backup.

yip in most cases depends on use

8gb is relatively small depending on what you plan on doing with it. Do you plan on recording or using timeshift on it?

You did initialise the usb stick via menu didn't you?

No I just wanted the dreamplex for vod I'm using the hdd for recording. Ya I've also had to reflash the box I dunno how many times in the last week after using up too much memory. Is there a quick way to reload all the settings on it like what plugins I've added and configured? Like save them on the comp and load from telnet?

Normally there is an option to backup settings, rather than a full image backup.

I would consider getting a more upto date box which has more flash memory as it's extremely difficult to do anything now with these boxes.

There is no easy way to backup your plugins though without a fullbackup through dflash or similar.

Even these older boxes can function pretty well with plugin/skin mover or flash expander and a usb stick its just a matter of getting the hang of using those plugins.

use the flashbackup plugin & make a backup image once its to your liking 10 mins work
still use this box with no issues once plugins moved to usb

use the flashbackup plugin & make a backup image once its to your liking 10 mins work
still use this box with no issues once plugins moved to usb

Do I just need a bigger usb and the box should be ok? Recommend any good box to upgrade to if I do decide??

Do I just need a bigger usb and the box should be ok? Recommend any good box to upgrade to if I do decide??
I use a 32g usb on it and its plenty for what i do ,have plugins,crossepg,picons on it and still plenty of room to record if needed as long as you check it occasionally for space and delete programs you have watched.Upgrading all depends on your budget you can go for the higher end models like the vu range or gigablue ,tm, at the lower range i recently bought zgemma star 2s twin receiver and a zgemma star s a single and i am very happy with them, very good value for money with decent internal flash and bcm751mhz mips CPU so nippy enough for me ,also work well with the openatv image which come preinstalled,but there alot more options out there

Back