Dogs found hanged from Congerstone bridge

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The hanging of two dogs found suspended from a village bridge has been described as barbaric by the RSPCA.

The dogs, described as "lurcher types", were discovered by a passerby in Congerstone, Leicestershire, on Thursday morning.

They were attached to a single rope which partly blocked the trackway, near Bosworth Road.

The RSPCA said it was not yet known whether the dogs were dead before they were hanged.

Insp Sheona Morley said: "I don't know why anyone would have wanted to have done this. The dogs were obviously well cared-for at some point, they were only young dogs.

"This was obviously a premeditated act of cruelty involving probably more than one person.

"Maybe the owner does not know, maybe the dogs possibly were stolen and the owner does not realise what has happened."

She added: "There is absolutely no excuse to treat any animal in such a barbaric way."

The dogs, one male and one female, were aged between 12 and 18 months and were wearing leather collars with no identification tags. The RSPCA said neither animal was microchipped.

A spokeswoman said the results of post-mortem examinations were expected within a few days.

Anyone with any information about the hangings is urged to contact the RSPCA or Leicestershire Police.

BBC News - Dogs found hanged from Congerstone bridge

Absolutley disgusting i hope whoever done this are sentenced to a stretch inside

Last edited:
Absolutley disgusting i hope whoever done are sentenced to a strech inside

i think this is the problem in this country

blame the dog and not the owner attitude

when a dog attacks 9 out of 10 its the owner that needs locking up for a min of 5 years

reading horrible abuse like that makes me sick.

it's really awful the things some people are capable of doing to another living creature :(

totally disgusted hearing this, i don't know what else to say!!!!

Things like this make me sick to the stomach, when they get caught they will probably get community service and banned from keeping animals TBH

This country is getting far too soft that is why there is so much crime, the neds know that worst case senario they will get a couple of years in a cussy jail with all their human rights, and while inside meet like minded people who can teach them new "Skills" for when they get out.

Rant over

Back