do you get enough help from me & liam

do you think you get enough help from me & liam

• yes

Votes: 45 97.8%
  • no

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think u guys do an excellent service my only small reservation, being a thick newbie, is that sometimes your response goes way over the top of my thick head and im a bit shy to follow it up. If i rated myself as a complete thickhead when asking a question would it be possible when responding to take this into consideration (save pestering to and fro - what do you mean by this? etc etc) Perhaps u could have a rating when joining from complete thick.. , basic, moderate, very, up to your level of know all - oops i mean expert lol to which we could progress just the same as other progressions ie stars etc.

My sincere thanks go to liam and gav plus the other contributers as I wouldn't be sittting here today watching dbox without their contributions.

Speaking about contributions ive been on this site for a few weeks now and because of the service provided, which means money saved by not paying the extor... fees that the cbl co. want, I am going to donate (just to get a spinner lol) perhaps some of the other newbies like myself should follow suit if you feel like me that you get a benifit from this forum that effectively saves you £££'s.

Keep up the excellent work.

:THANKS:

stew1954 said:
I think u guys do an excellent service my only small reservation, being a thick newbie, is that sometimes your response goes way over the top of my thick head and im a bit shy to follow it up. If i rated myself as a complete thickhead when asking a question would it be possible when responding to take this into consideration (save pestering to and fro - what do you mean by this? etc etc) Perhaps u could have a rating when joining from complete thick.. , basic, moderate, very, up to your level of know all - oops i mean expert lol to which we could progress just the same as other progressions ie stars etc.

My sincere thanks go to liam and gav plus the other contributers as I wouldn't be sittting here today watching dbox without their contributions.

Speaking about contributions ive been on this site for a few weeks now and because of the service provided, which means money saved by not paying the extor... fees that the cbl co. want, I am going to donate (just to get a spinner lol) perhaps some of the other newbies like myself should follow suit if you feel like me that you get a benifit from this forum that effectively saves you £££'s.

:THANKS:

Got to be the most sensible post in this thread m8 :)

stew1954 said:

:)
Nice idea but you would need a different rating for each room on the forum because I'm sure your proficiency differs depending on the subject as does mine.
Best just to announce it yourself if you need very simple instructions
Clive.

i was going to vote but its finished now lol.

ive not been a member for long but liam has replied to a few of my posts so far and been helpfull so id have voted yes!

well , i know if it werent for gav n liam i'd probably still have a dead d-box
and i also know a lot more about them now thanks to your guys posts and tut's , and i am pretty sure i'am not the only one , also if your online the speed of your replys cannot be faulted , the £££ i have saved on monthly subsciptions to cc is pleasing , so i will defo be donating ...
thanks guys keep up the outstanding work ......

:) Lets not forget all the other people who have helped out with dboxes and other cable issues long before Liam and Gav came on the scene.
Without these people (they will know who they are) Then a lot of people would be without dboxes. The difference being they did not need to post a poll to have there egoes massaged.
Liam and Gav do a great job on here but so do many others lest we forget.:)

Agreed....I taught myself alot of stuff and learnt things purely by trial and error, but when I first got my dbox; there were people here to help me.

agreed that is what this community is all about everyone is just as important as everyone else

i knew nothing and i still got a lot to learn

and always picking up bits from other members as well

so a big thankyou to all members for the experience ones and inexperience ones as they gain in the knowledge to help others as well

brilliant and thankyou to all

cheers

Got to be the most sensible post in this thread m8

Typical Scott, can smell the money a mile off ;)

Last edited:
IANBBB said:
:) Lets not forget all the other people who have helped out with dboxes and other cable issues long before Liam and Gav came on the scene.
Without these people (they will know who they are) Then a lot of people would be without dboxes. The difference being they did not need to post a poll to have there egoes massaged.
Liam and Gav do a great job on here but so do many others lest we forget.:)

Very true,

Thanks to you also Ianbbb I remember you helped me to do my firstfuncard
also your guide helped me to do my dbox so nuff respect goes to you also m8 I appreciate it. I ve noticed your a respected member now does that mean that your not a mod anymore???

If not its a shame.

Whatever happened to Bronto He was a asset to this site aswell.

Thanks all 4 ya hard work anyhow

much Appreciated.

don`t want to sound like an arse licker, but you guys ARE FANTASTIC.. AND CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THE DBOX FIX`s.

Last edited:
You guys definetly get a positive vote from me. Help required when setting up box was invaluable.

class

cant say enough about what a good job your doin guys cheers also ellie and fergals deserve a mention for the help theyve give to me and other people ,keep up the good work

WOW im amazed... this poll was closed ages ago and we're still getting good feedback from members that forgot to vote :)

bigga said:
Very true,

Thanks to you also Ianbbb I remember you helped me to do my firstfuncard
also your guide helped me to do my dbox so nuff respect goes to you also m8 I appreciate it. I ve noticed your a respected member now does that mean that your not a mod anymore???

If not its a shame.

Whatever happened to Bronto He was a asset to this site aswell.

Thanks all 4 ya hard work anyhow

much Appreciated.
Not looking for priase m8 just highlighting that there have been lots of people on here who have worked hard and long helping get the dbox scene running.
A lot of newbies wont see that . Thats not to take anything away from Liam or Gav who have helped me in the past.
As for me now being a respected member m8 it was through choice in a way a good choice as the new guys have more time and energy than i could give and its only fair to step down and let these guys flourish.
Bronto is still around m8 and yes he is one of the guys i was eluding too.
But thanx for the post m8:)

Liam
I appreciate all ehe help you and gav have given me without it and your enigma image i doubt whether i would have got my d box up and running
cheers m8s

Back