Do we all turn into grumpy old sods?

Following on from my original post I have decided I am definitely in the "old git" camp now - twice today I have caught myself harking back to the good old days when "you could remember the phone number of everyone you knew because it was either that or carry a phone book around with you" and "remember when footballers were on a bit more cash than the man in the street but you could still find him propping up the bar in the local on a Saturday night"

Two gems that serve only to prove that people got smarter and invented and made mobile phones an essential item and that agents discovered they could get rich by making footballers richer!! Hardly great testament to the good old days but at the time of relaying these ditties to young folk it makes you feel very smart because you know something they don't!!! lol

Not much of that around these parts - not that I can talk, mirrors don't favour me these days ;)

Me neither, and I try not to judge on that basis, but this particular specimen didn't just wake up one morning like that.

It was voluntary, and tattoos, hair styling, and assorted metalwork aren't essential, and don't come cheap. I wonder who was paying ?

Judging a book by it's cover ?

Well, if the content alters the cover to look like that, I wouldn't want to employ the content either.

Me neither, and I try not to judge on that basis, but this particular specimen didn't just wake up one morning like that.

It was voluntary, and tattoos, hair styling, and assorted metalwork aren't essential, and don't come cheap. I wonder who was paying ?

Judging a book by it's cover ?

Well, if the content alters the cover to look like that, I wouldn't want to employ the content either.

I know. I judged once but had the foresight to test...

Following on from my original post I have decided I am definitely in the "old git" camp now - twice today I have caught myself harking back to the good old days when "you could remember the phone number of everyone you knew because it was either that or carry a phone book around with you" and "remember when footballers were on a bit more cash than the man in the street but you could still find him propping up the bar in the local on a Saturday night"

Two gems that serve only to prove that people got smarter and invented and made mobile phones an essential item and that agents discovered they could get rich by making footballers richer!! Hardly great testament to the good old days but at the time of relaying these ditties to young folk it makes you feel very smart because you know something they don't!!! lol

Sad to say, the more essential your job is, the less you seem to get paid.

As for the young, with that opinion, I have difficulty with career advice ! :)

Sad to say, the more essential your job is, the less you seem to get paid.

As for the young, with that opinion, I have difficulty with career advice ! :)

Hmm, I find that the more people don't want to do something the more you can charge? My investment in bog-rods seems to be justified ;)

Bet that goes down well.

And, do you need a degree ?;)

It does when I shove hard...

...Erm, I would guess a degree is not required, at least mine (in Computer Science) doesn't seem to have been applied much in this area?

Forgot about this thread last night, went to watch the snooker on TV.

It does when I shove hard...

...Erm, I would guess a degree is not required, at least mine (in Computer Science) doesn't seem to have been applied much in this area?

It does in a way, same principle applies . If you're any good in either field, you end up rodding out someone else's sh*t.:)

Forgot about this thread last night, went to watch the snooker on TV.

It does in a way, same principle applies . If you're any good in either field, you end up rodding out someone else's sh*t.:)

True, I rod out sh*t scientifically these days ;)

Back