Do we all turn into grumpy old sods?

gooner71

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The other day I was driving and almost everyone I came into contact with on the road that day was a muppet. No indicators, wrong lanes the usual bad driving we all see most days.

Had a look on facebook and the amount of mispelt, nonsense posts was beyond a joke. Grammar and punctuation seem to have become obsolete?

When I am out and about I keep seeing young(ish) people with their trousers hanging almost to their knees and when walking having to hitch them up every few steps to save them being round their ankles?

I also watched a bit of old Jezza the other day too. It seems that anyone under 23, no matter what part of the country they are from or what race/colour they are, suddenly needs to speak with a strange accent - Its hard to describe but listen to a Prof Green song and you will get the idea.

So I can only come up with a couple of answers either I am just getting old and becoming a grumpy old git (likely) or the world is being overtaken by a illiterate idiot clones who feel the need to talk funny, dress funny, drive funny, spell funny and have dodgy tattoos on their necks? (They probably smell funny too)

The other day I was driving and almost everyone I came into contact with on the road that day was a muppet. No indicators, wrong lanes the usual bad driving we all see most days.

Had a look on facebook and the amount of mispelt, nonsense posts was beyond a joke. Grammar and punctuation seem to have become obsolete?

When I am out and about I keep seeing young(ish) people with their trousers hanging almost to their knees and when walking having to hitch them up every few steps to save them being round their ankles?

I also watched a bit of old Jezza the other day too. It seems that anyone under 23, no matter what part of the country they are from or what race/colour they are, suddenly needs to speak with a strange accent - Its hard to describe but listen to a Prof Green song and you will get the idea.

So I can only come up with a couple of answers either I am just getting old and becoming a grumpy old git (likely) or the world is being overtaken by a illiterate idiot clones who feel the need to talk funny, dress funny, drive funny, spell funny and have dodgy tattoos on their necks? (They probably smell funny too)

Ermm Mr gooner could you please put a full stop at the end of your statement please. Thank You. ;)

I suspect you will shortly receive a telegram...

...noooo! Not from the Queen, from the Grumpy Gits thread moderator, an exclusive area for Victor Meldrew types - see you there ;)

no matter what part of the country they are from or what race/colour they are, suddenly needs to speak with a strange accent - Its hard to describe but listen to a Prof Green song and you will get the idea.

This particulary grates on me. this urban/yoof talk. makes me eyes itch

This particulary grates on me. this urban/yoof talk. makes me eyes itch

You will soon get used to it, init then you will be able to talk proper like they does init. It can be annoying though listening to that crap though and today's modern music doesn't help much neither it's every other word. Do you know what annoys me most?, the way they talk with there hands. :(

what's funnier is when you see men in there 30's 40's with there trousers' low

what's funnier is when you see men in there 30's 40's with there trousers' low

Or the 60+ year old with a pony tail and bald patch or a large gold ear-ring.
That and 3ft 6ins tall Policemen, usually walking with another Policeman who looks about 12 years old, then there's those in the queue in a shop having a conversation on their mobile while the cashier waits for them, or at the supermarket aisle standing in the middle and trolley blocking the rest of the aisle while they ask whoever is at the other end of the phone if they prefer stoned or destoned olives and then what colour they want their olives and then OH GOD don't get me started.....................:bangshead:

I prefer to think I've grown into being a grumpy old man, I've felt there's a lot of crap in the world for years, turns out I'm right!

Faced with the things in previous posts and much much more it's the sensible outcome.

I've hit the "like" button so many times I must be in the right place, so another one.

Coffee is black, add milk and /or sugar to taste. That's it !

How is that complicated ?

Another irritant....................."designer items"

Wanted sunglasses today, racks and racks to "choose" from.

Two eyes, two ears, one nose. Glasses have been around for centuries.

What's left to design !

Another irritant....................."designer items"

Wanted sunglasses today, racks and racks to "choose" from.

Two eyes, two ears, one nose. Glasses have been around for centuries.

What's left to design !

Exactly what i thought mate, i always just bought ( still do TBH ) the cheap sunglasses, my taxi was off the road and i borrowed my mates for the day & he had a pair of Ray-Bans in his car so i used them, they were originals , not fakes, & i think cost about £160, you could tell the difference mind, fit better , felt lighter on the face, mind you i still go with the cheap ones as i wouldn't shell out that kind of cash for them though, try a pair on next time you are shopping & see the difference

Exactly what i thought mate, i always just bought ( still do TBH ) the cheap sunglasses, my taxi was off the road and i borrowed my mates for the day & he had a pair of Ray-Bans in his car so i used them, they were originals , not fakes, & i think cost about £160, you could tell the difference mind, fit better , felt lighter on the face, mind you i still go with the cheap ones as i wouldn't shell out that kind of cash for them though, try a pair on next time you are shopping & see the difference

It was only in passing, but I was going to try a few out of curiosity. One of those tattooed freaks, with the weird haircut, seemed to be following me from rack to rack. On turning round, I saw it's face seemed to be assembled with shiny shrapnel, as well.

Enough for me. Any sunglasses it wanted, I didn't !

It was only in passing, but I was going to try a few out of curiosity. One of those tattooed freaks, with the weird haircut, seemed to be following me from rack to rack. On turning round, I saw it's face seemed to be assembled with shiny shrapnel, as well.

Enough for me. Any sunglasses it wanted, I didn't !

never judge a book by its cover mate :LOL:

Back