[DM800SE] dm800se clone flashing advice needed

ok

just got myself a 800se (thanks to a great member) anyway i know how to flash it, so i put box into stop mode with ip address on screen
type in ip address in browser and all that pops up is dreambox web control page saying loading and thats it.

what i trying to find out is can i connect a network cable direct between laptop and 800se and flash that way

cheers for looking

I attached a patched version of dreamup,it takes a few minutes but you'll need a null cable aswell to speed up the process.Just of curiosity,did you pull the power and then plug it back in whilst holding the power on button?

Attachments

• DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar
    886.3 KB · Views: 12
Hit ctrl+F5 and the flashing page will appear

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Its an se clone it has a switch on the back so no need to pull main power cord

not tried it yet the boss (wife) has the remote and im a coward :) but i will when she starts cooking :)

not tried it yet the boss (wife) has the remote and im a coward :) but i will when she starts cooking :)

Dont forget to have any needed ssl/bootloaders to hand before you start ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

he has all files needed just couldn't get into url to flash keeps going to webcontrol

he has all files needed just couldn't get into url to flash keeps going to webcontrol

I know m8 but sometimes you can forget the obvious ;)

As for the web control page,it happens to me nearly every time but a quick ctrl+f5 sorts it :)

Im assuming thats the router serving the same ip address as before and the webcontrol page being in the computer cache am i correct ?
Explained to Napster that i had the box set static for (other purposes ;)) and his is set dynamic so i didnt get the problem he got as the router sent a different ip addy to what was in the box.

Im assuming thats the router serving the same ip address as before and the webcontrol page being in the computer cache am i correct ?
Explained to Napster that i had the box set static for (other purposes ;)) and his is set dynamic so i didnt get the problem he got as the router sent a different ip addy to what was in the box.

You are correct m8,I hope lol

I usually leave the box set to dynamic or to give it its correct name DHCP,
and then once it has got the initial ip at the first boot up assign that as static in the router :)

i have my box connected via homeplugs would cause any problems

Just asking but do you have a mini USB cable connected and using the Sunray version of dreamup?

This is how I would flash and also using a crossover cable, I have to go and flash one later tonight with the new USB and flash button on the back.

I think when you get round to trying it again mate you will be pleasantly surprised ;)

Back